2005 Under Seat U-lock

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Nytol, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Nytol

Nytol Active Member

Does anyone know of a U-lock that will fit in the space under the 2005 CBR1000rr seat?

Honda do one for an eye watering £95, which seems excessive for what is ultimately a visual deterrent, are there any others that will fit in the tiny space?

Many thanks

2. Muffking

Muffking God Like

3. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

4. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Here you go. Been under my seat for over a year. I generally don't use it, but it's there for when I want to lock my front wheel to post or a mates lock.

[​IMG]

5. Nytol

Nytol Active Member

Does that fit in the space under the seat of the under seat exhaust model CBR?

I have those on my other bikes, but was looking at what space was available this morning, and wondered if the Oxford mini lock may squeeze in there?

Thanks Muffking (love the name :D) knowing that there is one that fits is great, don't fancy getting shafted by Honda, just on principle.

I'd only use it rarely if out and needing to go in the shop, maybe cinema, it would not be the main security device.

6. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

Not sure mate as I have an RR9.

7. Greco

Greco Active Member

Have a look at the Abus range mate. Get something else instead of a U lock. I would cause the U lock is a bit bulky for a cramped space

8. Nytol

Nytol Active Member

Thanks mate, I had a check and my Oxford mini disc lock 'just' squeezes in there.