2007 Honda opinions

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Colum, May 19, 2019.

1. gary1966

gary1966 Active Member

We both have 8 bikes Nigel wonder who will make it 9 first ha ha

2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I think we might have a similar mind set.

Something can come along even when we're not actively looking, and then something in the mind just snaps and says: 'You have to have that.'

The only difference between us with this philosophy, is that I also applied it to matrimonial prospects!:D:D

3. gary1966

gary1966 Active Member

I have that feeling a lot something just snaps and fuck it I got to have it ha ha.

I can’t help with owning a 07 model.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Great to see the thread restored to its purpose:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. DazK

DazK Active Member

I was debating an upgrade during the winter months to a newer model but after reading a few horror stories, abs and ecu etc I think i’ll stay where I am. I love the underseat exhaust styling as I did on the R1 but found that to be top heavy especially with a full tank! Traded the R1 for the blade I was that impressed! Done the IOM on mine (soft luggage and plenty of it:D) and never missed a beat, handled without compromise to the point I almost forgot I was loaded up and she gets comments wherever I go:p Thanks for the link @nigelrb very informative and forwarded to my friend with an 05 model:D:D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Colum

Colum New Member

Shit, see that I started this thread May 19 and have had no opportunity to view bikes at all, even on weekends. Is my busy time of the year while the weather is good and the evenings long!!! Anyhow thanks for all replies and suggestions. In the following weekend I have planned to view a '07 model that has the master cylinder, braided brake lines, etc. Looking forward to it. Hope those who were at the TT had great fun))

• Like Like x 2
  7. Colum

Colum New Member

I am debating putting a colour scheme like this on the Fireblade, bike i am viewing looks good already but i like this How many of you have customised your graphics?

8. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Looks alright, but might also appear dated. I think most would associate Marlboro with Yamaha and McLaren.

A few of us have used Auctmarts for our fairings; you might find something interesting here:
    https://shop.auctmarts.com/fairings/honda/cbr1000rr.html?cat=123&p=1

I will add that Rothmans always looks good on Hondas. (And they were a better smoke;))

9. Colum

Colum New Member

Yes, Rothmans livery is under consideration) Was even looking at bikes with Camel blue/yellow colour scheme. Girl I was talking to was very enthusiastic on Camel graphics motorbike examples but my 9 year old child saw the Camel yellow & blue and says "Dad you won't get those colours because it looks like a police bike)) I hadn't made the connection until she remarked on it, and afterwards I couldn't help agreeing that it resembles the police yellow and blue)) So Camel is no longer considered))
    The Rothmans graphics is growing on me, and I used smoke those too, back in the day

10. DazK

DazK Active Member

Get some Regal king size colours:D as @nigelrb said Marlboro colours remind me of Yamaha and Wayne Rainey or Mclaren and Senna:cool: Have you considered a JPS colour scheme? Old Skool classic:p

• Like Like x 1
  11. Colum

Colum New Member

If the bike was black it would get the JPS livery)) But I am liking the Rothmans. When I have the motor in my hands the decision will be made)

12. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

13. auag

auag Active Member

Just my 4penny, forget wasting money on fairings and do the big gains, see how you like it then.
    Ktech forks and shock rebuilds, and have its fuel tables done. That'll cost about £1100 and won't make the bike unsellable.
    Fuel tables will include turning off the PAIRS and the O2. You'll be astonished how much grunt it has at the bottom end.

• Like Like x 1
  14. auag

auag Active Member

Oh yes, I forgot to say earlier, all the 04-07 Blades are a pain to do essential maintenance on. I've just done swing arm and head bearings, checked the valve clearances and plugs. A right ball ache of a job, endless fiddling and dismantling.
    Just a feature of this model I feel.

15. Colum

Colum New Member

When you say fork and shock rebuilds are you talking about new parts. Are the Ktech an upgrade, or returning the original parts to original performance?

16. auag

auag Active Member

No, not new assembles, they rebuild the original forks and shock from the bike but to their spec of parts and oil.
    I believe you can buy their parts and do it yourself if you've the tools but I wanted the after sales set up and turn around service they offer.
    They asked my weight, whether road or track use and if I was going to carry a pillion.
    Other options are out there, I just fancied Ktech and to see how it felt.
    I think together with a fuel remap you'd feel the bike was hugely improved over OEM Honda.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Colum

Colum New Member

Haha Bitches. Finally have a spare weekend to collect a bike. Collecting this one tomorrow, just under 10,000 miles, owned by a mechanic. Unfortunately doesn't have aftermarket exhaust but will add bits over time. Looking forward to increasing the mileage on this.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 10
  18. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

Best colour scheme ever

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Agree.

The shame is we we now have more gloating by @Selmer50mark ! [The words of a jealous man;)]

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Selmer50mark

Selmer50mark God Like

20180715_144551.jpg
    There you go @nigelrb the garden shot :D;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1