2007 HRC

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Dave Mac, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Dave Mac

Dave Mac New Member

Hi bud,

thanks for this, very comprehensive !

Oooooh no i couldnt do black, i actually ike the HRC colours too much ( and its soo much faster i believe :))
    i do have R&G bungs on there which were put on by the shop when brand new, along with a tinted screen, a gear indicator and the micron.... they did fit an R&G tail tidy but the micron melted all the wires for the rear flashers and it had to come back off lol TBH even now with a carbon heat deflector, the under seat gets so warm its stupid ....... sometimes actually smoking after a 'spirited' ride !

it is already mapped with a PC ( no idea which) and produced at the time 165 bhp, more than enough to warp my tiny mind, seems to run ok all through the range ? will defo have new lines and have someone look at the brakes and proper bleedin, sounds like the shift support was made for me and my hoofs plus .... its never had the clutch on upshift in its life so its probably fecked already :)

loving the advice & welcome guys, will let you know whats been done and how its help asap

Ta
    DM

2. GappySmeg

GappySmeg Well-Known Member

Yikes!
    Not sure carbon is very good at reflecting/dissipating heat tbh.
    I lined the whole undertray with some gold coloured reflective stuff when I fitted my Akra... think a member of this forum sent it to me.
    Something like this: https://www.techflex.com/prod_grf.asp

It's metallic, so as well as reflecting the heat, it also dissipates it over a large area so your plastics don't melt!

3. Dave Mac

Dave Mac New Member

Hi mate, thats interesting.... the carbon thingy was sold to me as a heat shield..... maybe he meant conductor lol

i do have some of that tape got them both at the same time, cant remember ever putting the tape on, perhaps i best have a look..... or carry a fire extinguisher

thanks again
    DM