2007 Repsol Blade (s)..!

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Gatsoburner, May 23, 2024.

1. Gatsoburner

Gatsoburner Active Member

Hi all,

Ive not been on the site for a while as back in July '22 i sold the Repsol blade to put cash forward for a 21 plate Triple black S1000XR.

However i missed the pure art of the '07 Blade design and unique under seat exhaust along with the Repsol colours, so after much searching and examination of real and 'fake' Repsol bikes i managed to secure another last month.

Chuffed to bits with it, never ever going to sell this one.

I returned it back to 99% factor spec (hence parts for sale), its got a full history with 22k on the clock, last owner had it since '09 and looked after it really well.

Oddly this one came without the sponsorship decals as ive heard this was an option for the first buyer to have put on or leave off, this due to the dealers having to pay a fee for the advertising to the associated sponsor, true or not i dont know.

If anyone can part some knowledge on particularly the 2007 Repsol's I'm all ears.

Cheers, Rob

20240516_144858.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  2. Selmer50mark

Selmer50mark God Like

Looks better without all the sponsors decals
    IMO .
    Nice clean future classic and looks fast on the stand ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Gatsoburner

Jury is out for me on that one. I like both versions with thr decals 1 point ahead. Rare to find that haven't had lots of mods.

My old and new, decal one I sold. 20240516_144858.jpg IMG_3070.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  4. bladey

bladey Senior Member

Mine had all the decals. Nice packet of them came with the bike and had a lot of fun putting them on exactly where I wanted them. Wife did ask if they were my version of go faster stripes. I ignored that.:cool:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Gatsoburner

Ah so there's some truth on the Motif pack story. There's one on ebay currently with a Honda part number, appears genuine and new, sellers asking £120. Aftermarket set are about £20 !

6. bradt

bradt Elite Member

Personally i prefer without the sponsors stickers, I removed them on my Repsol and in my view it just looked better.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Gatsoburner

Yes I've spoken to a few now who prefer the non sponsor version. I think I'll leave it without for now.
    Cheers for your replies folks, nice to hear others thoughts

• Like Like x 3