2008 Rev Counter / Clock Connector Question

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by Keith A, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Keith A

Keith A New Member

Hi all, I have a 2008 blade with a 2011 engine. It has been a race bike all it's life apparently.
    I have owned it 6 months. When I bought her she had a Translogic dash fitted.
    Having never managed to get the gear position indicator working & wanting the GPS laptiming facility of a HM Dash I have bought one of a friend (dash is known to work fine on his Fireblade) for a good price...

The problem I have is the rev counter isn't working....So I have borrowed a standard set of clocks...And the rev counter doesn't work on those either!

At this point I have to conclude that the Tacho Signal to the clocks is faulty....
    I believe this is the Yellow/Green wire to the clocks. When I test this from the clocks sub loom harness the connection appears to be a little bit intermittent, hence I have two questions if anyone can help:

1) Is there a way to "test" for a tacho signal? i.e. Can I do this with a standard multi-meter or do I need an oscilloscope or some other fancy piece of equipment?
    2) If I suspect the "pin" connector (female) in the small multiway connector that plugs onto the back of the clocks, is there anyway to remove a single pin to check it?

This is driving me nuts now so any help / guidance is very much appreciated.

Thanks, Keith A

2. si1000repsol

si1000repsol Well-Known Member