2008 speedo reading zero

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Rob Garforth, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Rob Garforth

Rob Garforth New Member

Sorry if this has been covered previously. I have a 2008 cbr1000rr as a track bike with wiring harness that has had all the extra looms removed ( lights, indicators etc). The Speedo reads zero all the time.
    I have a pulse signal at the instrument cluster connector and all wiring checks out ok. Have tried another speed sensor but this made no difference so I am guessing there is a fault in the cluster itself. Is there any way of testing the cluster or is there a company that will test it at a reasonable price.
    I suspect this might be the problem as neither of the 2 buttons work to set clock/Rev indicator etc etc, so am thinking there is an internal problem. Thanks

2. Fatboy

Fatboy Active Member

Did you check between the Pink/Green and the Green /Black for voltage with the back wheel of the ground and rotated

3. Rob Garforth

Rob Garforth New Member

Think it was these two that I got a 4.5v pulse when rotating rear wheel. Ignition on, in neutral and spinning wheel by hand slowly

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fatboy

Fatboy Active Member

Could be the Cluster then ,the small board inside could be shot

5. Rob Garforth

Rob Garforth New Member

Cheers. That’s what I’m thinking. Just checked again and between pink/green and green/black I have 4.5v pulse and between violet and green/black I have 11v. That’s without engine running and just ignition switched on. Thanks again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rob Garforth

Rob Garforth New Member

To conclude this thread. New cluster is fitted and speedo works fine. Many thanks for your assistance

• Like Like x 1