2008 trade in price?

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Gary Britton, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Gary Britton

Gary Britton Active Member

I'm looking at trading in my 2008, it's good to average condition with 17k.
    It's got a mivv gp exhaust, warrior levers, double bubble screen, rad guard, braided lines, tail tidy, street hooks and solo seat cowl. The cowl has rubbed the paint on the rear fairing, there's a bit of surface rust on the rear wheel nut and some stone chips on the front?
    It has been fitted with recent new tyres, full service history.

Any opinions on what it might be worth as a part ex?

Thanks Gary

2. Shutty

Shutty Well-Known Member

£4k ish, depends in the deal and how much they have in the bike your buying, could range from £3500 to £4k

3. Gary Britton

I've gone to two different dealers about two different bikes and these are the offers I received.
    Against a used Panigale I've been offered £4500 and against a new blade £3750.

4. Shutty

Shutty Well-Known Member

They prob have £2000-£2500 in the Ducati, by the time they have offered APR offers and free other things there prob wont be that much in the Blade left to offer more. Its all relevant to whats in the profit on the new bike.. exactly same as cars

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Gary Britton

I can't decide between the bikes

6. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

Both very different and you'll need to think about what you want from a bike. The Blade will be more comfortable for most, so if comfort and commuting is your thing then it's probably a winner. The V twin doesn't always suit everyone so it's probably worth getting a decent test ride of both if you haven't already.

Saying that, if you love the looks of something you can generally live with it if you need to. ;)

7. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

I would wait and see what comes out next season your bike won't depreciate much more but the ones your looking at will especially if new colours on blade also new Ducati V4 coming out so pan will go down as well if you go the red root go for 1299 ....1199 is like a possessed motor crosser.....as above blade easy to go quick on but Ducati will make your heart go boom.....I miss mine...although I like my blade ....could be tempted by the v4 however if 30k they can jog on....