2010 Radiator mounting

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Matt Myers, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Matt Myers

Matt Myers New Member

I've had the fairing off the bike to do a plug and air cleaner change and noticed what I thought was a missing bolt on the top RHS radiator mounting. On the LHS, the top radiator mounting is a shouldered washer (part 13) and an M6 bolt (part 46) inserted through rubber bush (part 12). On the RHS, there's just a rubber bush that sits loosely on a small boss protruding from the frame near the headstock. I thought, this can't be right, but I looked at the parts call out for the radiator group and it doesn't show a bolt for mounting the RHS of the radiator. It doesn't seem to be a very secure way of mounting the radiator at the top at all. You can manually manipulate the radiator. The RHS boss on the frame is not threaded to take a bolt, so it seems Honda designed it like this deliberately

Very strange design

2010 Fireblade - Radiator Group.png

2. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

Same as you, I noticed the missing bolt when looking down and assumed it had just worked it’s way out and been lost. However, a check in the workshop manual confirms there is no bolt on that side from new

• Like Like x 1