2011 Honda CBR1000rr Fireblade! Only 3 Owners/19+k miles/Perfect Summer Bike!

Discussion in 'Bikes For Sale' started by Gedi, May 19, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Gedi

Gedi New Member

eBay ad: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203459051269?hash=item2f5f1abf05:g:hlgAAOSw7jtgl97s

Hello and welcome to my listing. Firstly, have a look at the feedback on my eBay account - all positive 200 reviews.

Let's start the ad with the most important question - why am I selling it? It is because I like to tour and unfortunately, the Blade is a challenge to say the least when riding two up.... This was MY DREAM bike but I realised it is not the bike to do long distances on.... One day I will buy the same bike for Summer fun :) Once this is sold, I will be after a Honda VFR 1200F (2012 and newer) or a Kawasaki ZZR1400 (2011 or newer).

I picked this 2011 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade up in May 2020, with the previous owner keeping in a garage and riding it less than 1,000 miles and ONLY in good weather. I took the Blade to Northern Norway last Summer (what a trip!) and did over 5,000 miles. There is some wear and tear, which is cosmetic from the trip abroad and, everything will be explained in the description below, but this is nothing major and can be fixed/replaced - MECHANICALLY THE BIKE IS IN MINT CONDITION.

Modifications:

- Recently changed front brake pads (original Honda ones) and oil filter
    - Delkevic slip on exhaust (it had a Racefit slip on when I bought it...too loud!)
    - Beautiful RED Long ASV adjustable levers
    - Oxford heated grips with multiple heating settings (came in very useful when I was in Norway!)
    - Gloss black wheels, done in powdercoat for long lasting protection (cost £180)
    - R&G bar ends
    - R&G tail tidy
    - R&G racing indicators
    - R&G racing frame sliders
    - R&G fork protectors
    - R&G paddock stand bobbins
    - R&G radiator cover
    - Padded handles for comfort
    - BSB Race Replica fairings (was already on the bike when I purchased it)
    - Seatcowl
    - Passenger seat pad, which prevents the passenger from sliding
    - Yoshimura gold engine case saver kit (worth $200 brand new)
    - Yoshimura engine plugs
    - Yoshimura steering stem nut
    - Yoshimura oil bolt
    - Stompgrip knee sliders from USA
    - Honda carbon tank pad
    - Pirelli Angel GT 2 sport touring rain tyres - still got a few thousands miles in them (can also, sell with the bike or separately the original racing tyres (which are still in good condition - Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa's) - £70
    - Original Honda exhaust available, as I put it on for my trip to Norway - £50
    - Tank bag also available

Documentation:
    - V5 is present
    - 2 keys
    - 3 owners including myself
    - MOT expires on 14/11/2021
    - Loads of receipts and invoices

In terms of service:
    Last major service was done in in October 2020 (drove the bike for less than 1.5K miles since then - 17,691 miles)
    • 719 MILES BY HONDA MAIN DEALER
    • 2,083 MILES BY HONDA MAIN DEALER
    • 2,596 MILES BY HONDA MAIN DEALER
    • 4,746 MILES BY HONDA MAIN DEALER
    • 5,607 MILES BY HONDA MAIN DEALER
    • 6,080 MILES BY HONDA MAIN DEALER
    • 6,118 MILES BY HONDA MAIN DEALER
    • 6,481 MILES BY P.J.S AUTOS
    • 6,721 MILES BY P.J.S AUTOS
    • 8,320 MILES BY HARRIS MOTORCYCLES
    • 17,691 MILES BY F.W.R LTD

Negatives (see pictures):

- ABS doesn't work, which I've not looked into, but I heard that it can cost thousands to fix it... There is a way in Europe they move the ABS unit to the front, which then doesn't cause the control unit to heat up, making it work it properly, but unfortunately, I can't comment anymore on this problem...
    - Lower bearing and bush of rear shock needs replacing which is about £20 - THIS DOESN'T AFFECT THE BIKE AT ALL, AS RECOMMENDED FROM THE LAST SERVICE TO DO IT, BUT I DIDN'T USE THE BIKE MUCH, LESS THEN 1,5K MILES IN NEARLY 7 MONTHS (125 MILES PER MONTH)
    - The windscreen has a dent from where I attached a wind minimiser screen for touring

BSB Replica race fairings:

- There are scratches on the passenger fairing due to the Oxford bag I had strapped on from when I went to Norway
    - The carbon fibre mud guard is damaged, which happened out of nowhere not long after I came back from Norway (I think it is down to the cold, not 100% sure)
    - There is slight rust on the metal where the carbon fibre mud guard gets attached - BUT THIS NOTHING MAJOR, CAN CHEAPILY AND EASILY BE REPLACED IF DESIRED
    - Petrol tank cover has some scratches from packing the Oxford tank bag too heavily (I took chains and disc locks locks to keep the bike safe in EU). There is one large scratch on the petrol tank cover.
    - The front mud guard is cracked from where I accidently forgot to take the disc lock off in EU
    - There are a few marks/scratches on the fairings around the bike from the rocks whilst I was in Norway

YOU CAN CHECK THE HPI OF THE BIKE - IT IS CLEAR! IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY WITH THE FAIRINGS, YOU CAN BUY USED HONDA ONES OR BUY A SIMILAR RACING FAIRING KIT FOR £600 - £800. YOU ARE WELCOME TO HAVE A LOOK AT THE BIKE IN PERSON.

I CAN SEND YOU MORE PICTURES IF YOU WANT, BEST TO SEE THE BIKE IN PERSON AS THE COLOURS REALLY STAND OUT! I HAVE BEEN AS HONEST ON THE AD AS POSSIBLE, ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE, REACH OUT TO ME ON 07401217568 OR ON EMAIL - [email protected].

NO TIME WASTERS! YOU CAN TEST THE BIKE ONLY IF YOU LEAVE A CASH DEPOSIT AND YOUR LICENCE. I WOULD CONSIDER A SAWP BUT ONLY FOR A SPORTS TOURING BIKES SUCH AS HONDA VFR 1200F (2012 AND BEYOND) OR A ZZR1400 (2011 AND BEYOND).

WILL ACCEPT PAYMENT IN CASH/BANK TRANSFER!

MILEAGE WILL SLIGHLY GO UP AS I DO STILL USE IT FOR SHORT TRIPS.

On 16-May-21 at 17:34:38 BST, seller added the following information:

*** I recently had a nail in the back tyre, which has been fixed with a Gear Gremlin Emergency Tyre Repair Kit New GG170. I wouldn't advise the new owner to be doing over legal speed limits so you could either take the bike to a garage, which wouldn't cost much.