2011 rrb

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by daveyboy, Sep 3, 2012.

1. daveyboy

daveyboy Active Member

Right guys,
    just found a 2011 RRB in Repsol, theyve offered £3700 part ex for mine (RR5) am I better taking it back to standard? Its got Arrows end can, PC111, Rizoma levers and rearsets and fleabaying them?
    Only thing to do then is convince the missis.............gulp! :D
    Would appreciate your views, will I notice a huge difference or should i just go for it anyway?

2. Hudson

Hudson Active Member

Your always better taking it back, or some snotty mechanic in the dealer will strip it anyway and flog them himself ! You will get bugger all more for it in px, just make sure that if the dealer has seen it all kitted up he knows it will come as standard.... this is why its always best to strip it before taking it for a price for px !

#2 Hudson, Sep 3, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  3. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Having just part ex my rr5 for a new repsol abs I have mixed feelings, my RR5 was mint and as an average rider I can't say there is much difference though I'm sure someone is about to enlighten me? If I could go back 5 weeks would I have bought the new bike?
    No!
    However, a new bike is on my bucket list and now it's done!

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Active Member

Cheers Carl,
    I know the feeling, i'd like to think mine is mint too. I did ride my mates 08 and the mid range just stuffs the RR5, although the end can, PC111 and K&N's on mine make a bit of a difference. I think in my head my bikes worth more than 3700 to me but i have to be realistic as its 7 years old. Decisions decisions !

5. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

As i am only 5'8 the 2008 model suits me better as its a much smaller bike. i think having the slipper clutch is a big plus point aswell. Strip most of it but keep the pc111 for the new bike

#5 fez.57, Sep 3, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  6. rocket

rocket Active Member

i went from rr7 to 11plate repsol and returned mine to standard and flogged the goodies seperate. lots more go from the new one and feels /is smaller but i,m comfy on it at 6ft2. tough call as sometimes wish i,d saved the cash and stuck with rr7 and other times glad i done it. its only money and its only 1 shot at life!!

7. Shameless

Shameless Active Member

I changed from a mint rr5 to rr11 repsol blade. The new blade is so different and after a month you will realise so much better so much lighter easier to ride. I have no regrets other than not selling the goodies seperately. The trade in would have been the same. Best of luck with the desision

8. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

It's not what you get for yours it's the bit in the middle that counts, I got £3900 for mine and they sold it for £4800 but given that I paid £9600 for a brand new repsol abs I got a good deal. My rr5 had only done 3000 miles and still looked new.

9. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Carl, I have to say I loved your old RR5 and it was mint as you say but the new one is really nice mate, even if it is a Repsol. Plus the deal you got will mean when you trade up you wont loose a bundle on it. Overall I think you did the right thing mate, you just don’t know it yet.

10. gringo

gringo Active Member

Go for it mate why not