2011 trackbike stalls going through corners

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by Ivan little, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Ivan little

Ivan little New Member

Hi looking for a bit of advice. At Anglesey on monday and the bike kept stalling after a fast straight going into or through a corner. Typically just short of a complete lap on international so say less than 2 miles. Wouldnt restart everytime but if i switched off and on would start. Battery is 6 yrs old and seems a bit weak but all day in garage it started first time and could leave it running and reving up in nuetral no problems. Check battery ok and no pinch hoses etc. Only thing ive done since last outing is put race fairing on and removed side stand so at a loss as to cause. Booked in for a dyno next week but would appreciate any thoughts or ideas.

2. icedmind

icedmind Active Member

have you by passed the tip sensor? could be that?

and when you removed your side stand did you by pass the switch properly to trick the bike the stand is permently up?

3. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

As above I'd reckon tip switch sensor

4. Ivan little

Ivan little New Member

Just tie wrapped it to the clocks... is it best to get rid and short connections?

5. Ivan little

Ivan little New Member

Do i short or just unplug

6. icedmind

icedmind Active Member

Tie wrapped to the clocks? I don't quite follow

To bypass the stand you need to either join the two wire together or cable tie the spring loaded switch so the circuit is permently closed, I havent done it on a blade but on my other bikes

for the tip sensor, again you need to slip the wires and join 2 of the 3 wires together form the sensor,

you can try it when its on the paddock stand, ignition on engine not running, if you join up the correct one it will prime and worng one it wont prime.

try it and see if it solve your problem

7. blake7

blake7 Active Member

You can bypass it to test it, but I personally would leave it in place. If you come off on track you don't want it running when on it's side as oil starvation will soon wreck your engine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Scott

Scott Active Member

Don't bypass it just position it correctly. Cable tie if necessary but make a proper good job of it. Check it's alignment is correct !

• Agree Agree x 2