2012 anniversary immaculate

Discussion in 'Bikes For Sale' started by Webby, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Gabtiel2202

Gabtiel2202 New Member

Cheers for the link, looks like really clean and well looked after. A credit to the owner I’m sure I’m set on the 2012 onwards as I understand they resolved the crank whine and oil burning issues that affected some of the 08-10 models (two of my friends had blades from he year that suffered with this). I am also a fan of the revised nose cone and digital dash!

2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

It's a compromise by virtue of @Gabtiel2202 's statement of: . . . 'but may reach out to the red one you linked if they don't live up to expectations.' This statement renders the red bike secondary to those of which he is viewing this weekend, so on that basis, 'may reach out' suggests lesser enthusiasm for the red than the aformentioned and thereby implies 'compromise'.

However, I do note that subsequent to my response, Gabtiel has, in post #20, indicated that he'd be happy with either.;)

3. Gabtiel2202

Gabtiel2202 New Member

In the interest of full disclosure one of the bikes I am seeing this weekend is red ;)

The black bike in the eBay link has been on a while and never updated with better photos/information as the seller mentions in the discription so hasn't drawn me in... Probably why I've been looking for so long :D

4. Slick

Slick Elite Member

Just bought a Black 10 minter, its a buyers market out there, got to drop the ticket price by £800!!!!

Bike had been sat there for months.

5. Gabtiel2202

Gabtiel2202 New Member

Good job! I know from being on the other side - it took months to sell my 675 and I had to negotiate to get close to what I originally wanted... Which still involved me removing the brembo MC and rearsets to sell separately!

6. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

That surprises me because the 675s have a good reputation and still seem to be sought after. I was keen on a gold/black Daytona for a while, but lost the plot and bought something else - can't remember what.:rolleyes: I guess that with extras on it you were seeking more than the average price.

However, your life might change for the better this weekend! Best wishes for your viewings!;)

7. Gabtiel2202

Gabtiel2202 New Member

It suprised me too! I had a 2007 red, 15k(ish) on the clock and I know everyone says this but it was in amazing condition, the paint job was like new! It had 2 enquiries in the first month and no viewings at all over the 2 months - not even by the person who bought it! o_O

• Thanks Thanks x 1