2012 CBR1000RR HRC with C-ABS for sale

Discussion in 'Bikes For Sale' started by samd1985, Oct 9, 2013.

1. sinewave

sinewave God Like

SAM, have you a link to the uprated bulbs you fitted?

I can't even see in the manual what type the originals are H4 or H7 etc??

2. samd1985

samd1985 Active Member

Yeah I stuck a link up in this thread previously mate - post #5. The bulbs are H7

Sam

• Like Like x 1
  3. sinewave

sinewave God Like

So you did mate!

Forgot I'd asked previously, must've been pissed again! [​IMG]

4. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Have you tried hunts Sam?

5. samd1985

samd1985 Active Member

I haven't mate to be honest. It's just going to end up being a pain trying to either get the bike to them or have them collect it, plus I only have until Saturday AM to sort it. I also just can't see them giving me any more than £6500 for it as they need a worthwhile mark-up on top.

6. Simon

Simon Active Member

Re Hunts of Manchester - I phoned them up in June 2011 asking if they could do a deal on two new ABS Repsol blades, reply was we are a bit busy in the shop call back later! Slightly pi@@ed off to say the least I phoned again the next day, again I briefly explained I wanted to talk to someone regarding two new blades (my brother and I) but then got told we are busy and the prices are on their website !!!! "Bloody clowns we are talking best part of £24k here, how many people in your 'busy' shop are willing to part with that today ?" To which a reply came "give me your number and I will get someone to call you back later" ???? So my dealings with them aren't very favourable to say the least ..... caught them on a bad day? Not twice on the trot so phoned a dealer on the south coast who couldn't do enough and gave us a cracking deal saving over £2.5k on both bikes !!

• Like Like x 2
  7. just_me _and _me _bike

Some dealers really need lessons in customer service skills, theres a yamaha dealer in Tamworth, when i was looking for a brand new R6, who i found to b the most obnoxious salesman ive ever met, i just walked out when he was talking crap n went n bought the R6 off someone else!!

We all have bad days, but when sum1 is willing to part with 1000's you shud be doing as much as u can to get the business, no??

• Like Like x 2
  8. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Be interesting where this bike ends up being sold / turns up - doubt the dealer will sell it on with 20k on clock but you never know.

9. Nick_BladeRR

Nick_BladeRR Active Member

If it's any help the Blade I have just bought from Bell Vue Honda in Southend has 23k on the clock got a really good deal on the price and the bike is in mint condition and to be honest 23k on a Blade is nothing if that article in PB a few months back was anything to go by a few blokes on there had 80K plus on their bikes and were still going strong.

10. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Do you mean RiDE mag?

Mine was in there and think its done over 70k now with only problem horn switch sticking - all else is wear and tear.

11. Givover

Givover God Like

That's why I have just bought my new bike from Millenium ( Successful business ) shame about the owner and the training his team have been given .Remember ....." Customer comes first"

12. hump333

hump333 Member

Guess this bike gone now?

13. samd1985

samd1985 Active Member

Yes mate I part ex'd it in the end. It's up for sale in the dealership though for £7295 I think it was. I saw it on Saturday when I was in there. Located at Blade Honda in Reading

Sam

14. mikesouthby

mikesouthby Active Member

Sam,

You'll be pleased to know she went to a good home; I bought her from Blade a few weeks ago..!

• Like Like x 4
  15. Daznorthwest

Daznorthwest Elite Member

Nice end.. Cracking bike that mate

16. samd1985

samd1985 Active Member

Hi Mike,

Great news! Glad it's gone to a good home. You've got a cracking bike there mate, well looked after her whole life. Oil and filter changes between services, Full C-ABS system bleed performed within a few miles of trading her in so no need to worry about the expense of that anytime soon either, plus fresh chain and sprockets too :)

Gutted I couldn't justify or afford to keep it to be honest, but no doubt you'll get as much enjoyment out of it as I did.

Sam

17. mikesouthby

Thanks Sam,

Yes, I'm really happy with her, mileage isn't an issue for me as like you I think bikes are there to be ridden and not viewed so she'll be well looked after, maintained and meticulously (I am know for being a bit obsessive) cleaned but above all else, enjoyed :)

My only issue so far is - we think - the CCT but has gone back to Blade this morning funnily enough for it to be looked at under warranty.

18. samd1985

samd1985 Active Member

Damn right - no point buying a bike and not riding it! That's always been my way of thinking

Oh shame, that's odd that the CCT has possibly gone wrong. What symptoms did that throw up? At least it's still under warranty :)

Sam

19. mikesouthby

Details here Sam - http://1000rr.co.uk/general-1000rr-discussion/16205.htm

It sounds exactly like it does in the video hence thinking it's the CCT coupled with what I thought and others on here. The sounds is constant through 4000-5000 RPM and then sounds like the chain is 'bouncing' off the throttle below that. Sure it'll be sorted today :)

20. Hudson

Hudson Active Member

Not wishing to kick them when they are down but..... i live in Manchester and can get to Hunt's in about 20 mins ! I don't bother. Went to look at some '' mint '' Honda CB1000R's they had in, what a disaster, they were awful. They had all manner of excuses why the bikes were dogs.... not impressed with them at all.

• Like Like x 1