2012 R1 Low side damage

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Julian, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Julian

Julian Active Member

Going to look at this during the week as i'm thinking to turn it into a trackbike, the guy took it on track and had a slow speed low side crash, it then went into his garage and has stood still for two years, its a road bike with V5 in the owners name.
    Considering it's been stood for so long what should I be looking for, I've asked him to charge the battery and change the oil and filter, I'm a bit worried old fuel may have gunked up the injectors ? also it looks like the rear subframe is a bit bent as the seat doesn't appear to be sat that well from the pics he has sent, how available are replacements and what cost ?

Any suggestions for questions I should ask and things to look for would be extremely helpfull, I really cant afford to buy a lemon

thank you

2. Alblade

Alblade God Like

I have some parts that may enable you to put on the road - tail unit (black) a metal bracket from round the seat

Let me know how you get on - If you're not familiar with one of these at idle the engine can appear 'rough' but its just the cross plane crank firing order. Give it some revs and should smooth out.