2013 value ?

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by keithg1748, Nov 5, 2017.

1. keithg1748

keithg1748 Active Member

morning been thinking about selling or trading in my bike for a 2017 sp , I got a p/ex price from a dealer of £6k which I thought was crap with all the extras and 3002 miles on the clock and now would it be worth more selling private ? it has loads of extras , so what do you think ?

2. Shutty

Shutty Well-Known Member

This time of year prob £500 more.. its finding a buyer

Had zero interest in my 1yr old at £8k

• Like Like x 2
  3. keithg1748

keithg1748 Active Member

£6k would that be the bike put back to standard do you think ? as it was my mate who took it for me.

4. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

£6k is a kick in the nads agreed. They will want to make at least a grand profit on that when they put it in their showroom. Dealers are very clever. They know you really want the new bike and typically (not always) desperate to get shut of your current one. I can never be arsed selling private, so I have fell foul to this tactic many times.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Keith, it really is a matter of weighing up the simplicity of a p/ex (and consequent lower price) compared to the 'stress' of dealing with tyre kickers; the possibility of being targeted for theft; and also the trauma of having a deal, only to see it fall through cos the purchaser can't come up with the cash.

Sometimes we just have to bite the bullet to get what we want. You could, though, try another dealer. Competition brings reward!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. keithg1748

keithg1748 Active Member

I'm off work next week so I will try another dealer myself and see whats what , but I'm not that desperate to let it go for that price as I don't ride during the winter months , yer I know what you mean about timewasters , lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. CBRGav

CBRGav Active Member

You tried we buy any bike? I had 6995 quote for my 13 plate from them 7k miles, never went through with the sale in the end tho as didn't need raise the cash after all. As easy as part ex but more money

• Like Like x 1
  8. Alblade

Alblade God Like

If you hold on a bit, why not wait out for a year old 'used' SP bike from a dealer - this will be thousands less than brand new after the initial hit - so your price to change will be a few grand less than £6k off what is almost a £20k bike

Not a blade I know but a 2017 ZX10r brand new is £13.5 at J&S Northwich , meaning a very different price to change of £7.5k vs £14k

• Like Like x 1
  9. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Sound advice, Allblade. Keith will also see savings if he's able to do the deal before the summer season and consequent dealer price hike.

But consider a Kawasaki or other make? I suspect most of us are Honda devotees over a long period of time. For me, I would rather pay over the odds for a Honda than even consider another marque. Before buying my 2011 last week, I knew Yamaha's R1 was highly rated, and falling just behind was Suzuki and Kawasaki. But they didn't get a look in. Maybe so if I was buying solely on price.

I suspect Keith has been ogling a 2017 SP and won't settle for anything less.

• Like Like x 1
  10. keithg1748

keithg1748 Active Member

to be honest I spoke to 2 different dealers yesterday , 1 was £19125 , and another dealer offered me 1 for £16850 which I thought was a good price , but I just don't want to give mine away if you know what I mean.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ian E

Ian E Active Member

You won't get a heavily discounted price and a high part exchange price. £6k doesn't sounds too bad for a 4 year old Blade. Put it back to standard and sell the extras separately (Dealers often prefer standard bikes and won't pay a premium for extras).

As above, why not get one nearly new - e.g. one with less that 600 miles on for £15k https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-2017-CBR1000RR-SP-ABS-Fireblade-ONLY-576-Miles/122765836688

It is the cost to change that is important. Dealers have to make money - provide warranty, finance, px on a bike they take as px - and they want be wanting to stock up on Blades at this time of year.

12. ed williams

ed williams Active Member

Everytime a substantial upgrade hits the market the value of previous models will always take a hit due to the number that come on to the 2nd hand market due to trade ins. I guess the fact that the new model is already being discounted doesn't help either.

• Like Like x 1
  13. keithg1748

keithg1748 Active Member

yer I think it was all the extras I had on it and got offered that for it , pissed me off a bit , but I got offered another deal from a different shop and I thought it was good over £2000 off a new one and happy with trade in price with bike back to standard , happy days.

14. ed williams

ed williams Active Member

I just sold my 2015 gsxr 1000 it had £5000 of mods on it sold it for £10000 on paper worth £12500 easy, just didn't have the time to strip it down and rebuild it then spend weeks on Ebay. Problem is I always want to personalise my bikes big mistake in the end. Been offered a good deal on PCP for a SP blade but I dont ride in the winter and not sure deal will still be there in spring,depends how many they have left I suppose.