2015 fireblade not for sale any more!!!

Discussion in 'Bikes For Sale' started by Glenandemm, May 23, 2021.

1. Glenandemm

Glenandemm Active Member

link here on ebay but im unsure about selling it as theres not many about that look like it and its so clean but im enjoying going out on my enduro more.
    its up for £8250 and i have a thread with all the work ive carried out on it since i bought it last year, it really is a clean genuine bike.
    local to manchester.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144046915227

• Like Like x 1
  2. raphael

raphael Elite Member

3. R.M

R.M Member

Jacked it to to a £1000 there for you to speed things up!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Glenandemm

Glenandemm Active Member

Haha cheers buddy, it won’t be running to end on eBay anyway!
    I always just put things on there to get them advertised, the fee’s are silly

5. Iain

Iain Active Member

So just a time waster then - why, you bored, got nothing else to do?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Glenandemm

Glenandemm Active Member

not really, I just don’t sell items like cars bikes vans etc on eBay, as I stated above its to get it advertised.
    I’ve sold enough in the past to find the genuine buyers will want to view the item and tend to buy it off eBay rather than have a punt on an auction site as for all they know they could be bidding on a lemon, not that this is anything like that.
    Also there’s no way I’d pay those eBay fees letting it run to the end.
    So no not a time waster especially as it says in description the auction won’t run to the end

7. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Ending it might be tricky as they charge now to put people off selling out of ebay.

• Like Like x 1
  8. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Ebay classified advert might have been a better option. The listing fee is £5 more than a motor auction but there are no selling fees so you don't have to arse about with ending the auction etc.

Also with a classified advert your messages between yourself and potential buyers aren't interfered with. I think ebay stop your messages from sending if their algorithms detect you're trying to avoid paying fees by swapping contact details etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. jokeshopbeard

jokeshopbeard Active Member

I thought it was tricky AF to end an auction early on eBay?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Glenandemm

Glenandemm Active Member

No it’s quite easy still, you just end it giving a reason from a drop down list!
    Ebays messaging system with potential buyers can be a pain though as like above they’re system stops you sending contact no’s etc but there’s ways all around it!

11. dern

dern Well-Known Member

I got a warning from ebay for asking the seller of a generator if I could pop round to listen to it as he was round the corner. He sent me his address and they sent us warnings. Went round and bought it for cash. Fuck em.

I understand that they've got a business to run but they really take the piss with fees and with paypal taking their slice I completely understand why @Glenandemm does what he does. It might be a bit clearer if it was a classified but suggesting that someone who has spent a couple of minutes placing a bid way under market rate has had their time wasted is a stretch.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1