2015 r1!

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by sinewave, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Nick_BladeRR

Nick_BladeRR Active Member

So are BMW for the 2015 S1000RR.

2. Mad Matt

Mad Matt Absolutely Bonkers Mad...

Have they confirmed any new updates for the 2015 s1000rr Nick??

3. Nick_BladeRR

They have confirmed that there will definitely be a new model next year. They won't release specifications or Colours at the present moment in time but are expecting to release these later in the year. At present there is a rumour that the new S1KRR will have an additional 20 BHP than the current model but when I quizzed the dealer he could neither confirm or deny it. Everybody keeping very tightly lipped about this one and if the new R1 is anything to go by (as in they might actually make it) then I am certain BMW will be watching very closely and I hope Honda is too...

Forgot to mention he did say the new model is very likely to have HP4 Electric Adjustable suspension.

4. Mad Matt

There appears to be no signs that Honda will come up with anything new and as they have released the SP this year i cant see them making a better model next year and selling it cheaper. If BMW fix that sump and other little issues then i will give it a serious look, it will be between the R1 or beemer next year for me.....

5. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Think I'll wait for the HP5 ! :eek:

6. Nick_BladeRR

Sump issue is now fixed dude. All 2014 bikes have new sumps that don't corrode fitted and BMW are currently replacing all sumps on the previous years bikes regardless of warranty FOC when the bikes come in for service or so I am told. I would be really surprised if Honda don't come out with something new it could be a little bit of classic misdirection wow people with the SP and take the focus off what they are doing in the background and lull competitors into a false sense of security by having them think that nothing new is on the horizon...

7. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Lets hope so Nick!

I do love me Blade and would like to stick with it despite my 'affair' with the ZX10R!

Maybe that's it!

The Blade is the all obeying all round good egg like the Wife!

The ZX is the dirty filthy feckin' SLUT I like to play with when the Wife aint watching?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

Looks like it should have looked 5 yrs ago, coming from an r6 I always was gunna get an r1 then saw the blade and realised how dated the r1 was. Never moved with the times. Ugly under seat pipes, big and bulky, and shite colour schemes. Hence I'm on a new blade, total opposite

9. Si.

Si. God Like

Had a ride of my mates 2014 r1 on Sunday. I was very impressed. It sounds awesome, deceptively fast and very comfy. I would have one, no question.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Mad Matt

I would have to agree Si, i loved my R1, amazing power and stunning to look at and listen to.........

11. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

I have to agree on the deceptively fast bit. To a point that you could easily lose your license.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Si.

Si. God Like

It seems lazy col, but when you glance at the speedo, Jesus! It sounds and feels like a twin, so not as angry as a four. Loved it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

I had a go on Al's last year and it honestly was going 20mph faster than I thought it was.
    I had to really watch what I was doing in the 30/40 zones.

I found it rough down low, like a V-twin and then it felt like a V4 once up and running. A very characterful engine.

After having a go on a RSV4 though a month or so back I'd say the Aprilia was better still with much of the same character, but with a stronger engine, and it looks better.

14. JM1

JM1 Active Member

Coming from 08 Blade to 12 R1 I can confirm I'm enjoying the difference so far but there's quite a contrast between the two bikes in a lot of ways.
    My only complaint so far is lack of confidence in front end but my tyres are below the wear limit so I need to reserve judgement until new ones are on.

P.S. I'm liking the Yamaha mechanic friendly design too. Can remove the fairings in about 2 mins with no jigsaw/origami skills, although the rear footrests are still quite a tricky job to remove, luckily the previous owner did mine :)

15. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Its taken me 4,000+ miles to really get used to the R1 and I really like it now - I find it so different to how the Blade runs

I struggle every trip to keep speeds legal esp. as Colin says in 30 / 40 / 50 limits, unless you have ridden one its hard to describe it / compare it to a regular 4 cylinder bike

• Like Like x 1
  16. Nick_BladeRR

I used to have an 09 R1 agree that the speed does build quickly found that it handles well and sounds lovely however it is a very big bike to move around and quite chunky to filter with. Twin Akra's are definitely a must with one of these though! Also the rear pegs are a complete arse to remove you have to dismantle most of the rear of the bike just like you do with the Blade lol. Way more juicy on fuel if being used to commute most I could ever squeeze from a tank was 107 miles before the light came on.