2015 r1

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Daznorthwest, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Phil blade #57

Tbh jimbo I had a standard k6 thou before my blade I tracked it nothing has felt the same since iv never ridden with traction control let alone slide control I'm sure that will look good leaving Asda I can only but try if I hate it I'll sell it to u bud lol

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Yeah, piece of crap, I'll swap ya my blade for it ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Daznorthwest

Daznorthwest Elite Member

Ibeh
    i wish I was a pound behind you fast lad :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

PMSL yeah righto mr bling....:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

PMSL yeah righto mr bling....:D

6. Phil blade #57

Well it's arrived i came bk from almeria Monday had a brilliant time knocked another 2 seconds off my lap time on my b day aswell Tuesday I picked up the r1 bit of a problem got no helmet or gloves to go riding until sat talk about kick a man when he's down just have to,sit and wait need to get rid of the huge number plate bracket and standard exhaust they are awfull

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Daznorthwest

That's just cruel Phil.. She will be wort the mate I promise you :)..the engine takes some getting used as it's so quiet and smooth below 6k You don't realise how quick your going. Sounds like the m1 above 6k and it's like where has this beast come from ha . Just waiting on the postman to get my cowl .. My dealer did me an outstanding deal on the cowl, akro and tail tidy if you want me to have a word. I also ordered the akro titanium link pipe to make it a full ti system but I'll wait till the first service before fitting

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Phil blade #57

That's sounds good daz yeah defo coz I want to get rid of the cat it's massive but a end can will do for now u need to have a word with ur mate from Milwaukee get us some bling bud lol iv found a akro on eBay 400 starting bid might offer him he's selling fairings aswell so prob turning it into a race bike I really hope I like the bike when I ride it wat tail tidy did u get ?

9. Daznorthwest

I've seen the exhaust mate .says it has s tiny mark but I bet it's minuscule . I got the genuine yam one . It says r1 at the back k and looks pretty cool. I do like the evotech one tho. Should be getting some wheels soon and I've got my name down for some carbon fairings at the end of the season :).. Your gonna love riding it mate. They are phenimial

10. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Daz how do you think it would compare to the Blade as a road only bike?

Now I know it will be way ahead of the Blade on track, but as a genuine road bike what's ur thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  11. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Buy this months Performance Bikes Col and find out!

King of the Hill.jpg

12. Daznorthwest

As a road bike it's awesome up to press .. Electrics are superb, power delivery is mind blowing. It's track focused which suits me as that's where it's going after the first service. Far to quick for Road use although it's performing well once you get on to the faster sections. It's a little snatchy until the clutch is fully out it I think that is down to the gearing..I Went to hawes today. It was really quick through to Ribble head and hawes. You can really push the front end and I was getting my knee down without trying. So much confidence off the front and the corsas are epic . Quick shifter is smooth and all the gadgets like Tractuon control ,slide control , anti wheelie all do their job. Much more fun with no anti wheeli tho lol..the engine is quiet until about 6k revs and it pulls like a train. If you get chance to have s go on one mate please do. You'll bloody love it.

I've done nearly 300 miles and I've not had a bad one . The torque is excellent and in that department is like the the blade.. I was dubious about it as a road bike but it's impressed me. Found the suspension a little hard out the Crate so softened it off and it's helped massively . Providing realibilty is like the Honda I'd have no quarms in chucking done panniers on and doing a few thousand miles up to john e groats then along the north coast. I've clicked with it really well and found it user friendly like the blade. Easy to go fast on and ferris like s 600 with seating position but a hell of a lot more grunt.

Riding through towns is weird as it feels kinda vague but that's down to the engine . It doesn't make s noise when your bimbling . Smooth sewing machine I guess. Hardly engine braking so when you roll off she keeps going unless you usevthe brakes..

Yam boys have cracked it I'm afraid

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Daznorthwest

have you read Rutters report jay

• Like Like x 1
  14. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Certainly have me owd Mucker!

Propper Shed you've bought! ;)

15. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Yea I've got the PB mag on subscription and already read all the reports which are promising.

Just wanted real life reports to be honest.

I've got the nod from the local yam dealer who has a demonstrator there for me to try.

You say fit wise it's like a 600? That may well be a stumbling block as I'm a fat cunt.

16. Daznorthwest

I'm also a fat cunt col.. Well I'm er muscly ha.. 5 ft 10 15 stone 2 lol. I mean seating position is more like a 600 as in your higher il and not slouched in the chair like on the blade.. They are so light and a piss of piss to turn.. You'll manage big lad.. I'll take some photos of me on and use Mr blobby for scale..

17. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Not far off me mate at 5' 9" and 16 stone.

Yea stick up some pics if you could

18. Daznorthwest

Will do mate.. I'll get wife to take some in the nxt day o so and pop,em up

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Not sure I'll go for this test ride now. Sounds too good and could cost

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Daznorthwest

I wouldn't try one if you don't fancy buying it col. I can't see not liking it. I bought mine on a whim. Kept thinkig of it , reading , watching rests, reading reviews etc .i put my 2 blades up for sale. Sold them both in about a week and a half so rang my dealer , gave him a dipper, wife dropped me off, I piad for the bike then chucked a leg over one for the first time and rode it home.. Never ever done that before but it was worth it. Didn't even tell my pals I was doing it till I went to pick it up. The new bm is a blast aswell . My pals got one so neither would disappoint if you want a change. I f we were closer you could quite happily have a squirt on mine.. She's called Venus lol

• Like Like x 1