2015 r1

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Daznorthwest, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Phil blade #57

Well finally iv just ridden the new r1 wow just wow I'm a big lad and this bike doesn't feel tiny but it is small it's seems like there's Loads of room to move around on it it turns in quicker than anything iv ridden it feels very user friendly under 6k revs but after that it turns into an animal iv only taken it to about. 9-10k coz I'm running it in but I cannot wait to ring it's neck everywhere and especially when I get the can on it I done about 70 miles on it tonight and I loved it it felt strange being bk on the rd again at first the rear suspension feels a bit too soft but as expected on a stock bike the engine sounds great once the revs are up a bit the electronics well let's just say I don't have a clue were to start with them suppose they will cum into play on track

2. AABIKER

AABIKER Member

Can you expand? See you own an RSV4. How does it compare to the blade i have & have you ridden the new R1 and/or 899? Keen to hear your comparison. I guess my main motivation is not power (as said I'am not particularly fast & the blade has tons of power i don't use), it's probably more about having a more compact bike. i just feel the blade is just that little bit too big for me.

3. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

You absolutely cannot compare the Blade and the RSV4 Factory.

The Aprilia comes from another world and the Blade feels very, very old, even it’s still a good all-rounder bike. You really have to test ride the bikes.

I also tried the Panigale 1199, 899, BMW S1000RR (2014) and the Kawa ZX10R.

I am going to have a go on the new 2015 S1000RR and the R1, but therefore I should try the 2015 RSV4 RF also.

I did not like the 1199 nor the 899, but if I have to choose, I would take the 899.

4. BladeRR8

BladeRR8 Active Member

How did the zx10r compare in that group ?

5. Great Guy

Great Guy Well-Known Member

I will change my blade in 2017. I quite fancy the BMW S1000RR. Loads of elctronics etc. Lets see how it does in the TT.

6. Julian

Julian Active Member

There a new blade in 2017 apparently !!!

7. Great Guy

Great Guy Well-Known Member

Cool, I will have the blade then; if it has some gold parts. For example, forks, wheels or engine casing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

Actually not bad at all!
    Here are my favorites in 2014 - before my RSV4 Factory Test ride - and the reason why I didn’t buy it:
    1. Kawa ZX10R ( the worst offer and the ABS Version was not available that time)
    2. BMW S1000RR (good Offer from BMW Oxford, colour not available, only grey which I don’t like )
    3. BMW HP4 Competition (another worst offer)
    I had a test ride on other bikes as well as:
    - Ducati Panigale 1199 S ( the worst bike for me)
    - Ducati Panigale 899 (better to handle than the 1199)
    - BMW S1000R (my favorite naked bike)
    - Kawa Z1000
    - Triumph 675 R (very good bike for having fun)
    - Some other bikes etc.
    The Kawa ZX10R was my first choice because it did not shake as much on the front end like the BMW did (high speed over 150 mph).
    I think the reason is the electronic steering damper (Kawa).
    The BMW front was to light all the time, but fun to drive.