2015 Repsol

Discussion in 'New Members' started by SeaBlade, May 25, 2018.

1. SeaBlade

SeaBlade New Member

Having a test ride on an immaculate 2015 Blade in Repsol colours. I'm riding a 2016 Hayabusa at the moment. If the test goes to plan I hope to become the owner of a bike I have fancied for many years! The Busa is awesome but a little heavy. Although down on power a bit, I'm hoping the Blade will be more flickable and a tad easier to push around and put on the paddock stand. The stock exhaust is a little quiet I've heard - I have Yoshi's on the Suzuki. I'm hoping for dry roads tomorrow, to put it through its paces! Any thoughts on Busa vs Blade welcome but I expect the guys on here are pretty smitten with the Fireblade! Nice to be a member here and will update after the test ride on Saturday.

#1 SeaBlade, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
  2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Hi SeaBlade, and welcome.

I have no experience with the Busa, but I think you will be surprised with the Blade when it revs out. The on-tap power is astounding, as will be evident from the power-to-weight ratio against the Busa.

Good that you have found an immaculate 2015. Be prepared for a bit of 'HRC Vs Repsol' banter on here. I don't know why members get so involved in this rivalry - but as an HRC owner well, I can understand it!;)

I think we're all hoping for dry roads tomorrow, so I wish you the best for your test. Out of interest, what price range is the bike?

3. SeaBlade

SeaBlade New Member

Cheers! It's on 3k miles and £8850 in a Honda dealer. New tyres, full service, ridden by mature rider and looks like new, as mine does! Should be a straight swap. Yes the Busa is a heavy machine, despite the massive power - hopefully the Blade's got a nice surprise waiting for me!

4. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

If it has ABS it may not be a nice surprise. Search on here for more details.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

A89K_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. SeaBlade

SeaBlade New Member

Ah we have trolls on here too! Anyway went for a test ride today. Brilliant handling and power - great brakes. Put down deposit. Just got to decide whether to part with the Busa!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Mmm trolls, thats an interesting choice of words when people try and put you in the direction of a potential issue with a bike, especially when one of them repeatedly had the problem.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=abs+problem+site:www.1000rr.co.uk

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Hi, BSS. I think that SeaBlade might have that same warped sarcasm as me that gets us into trouble occasionally. With his comment starting with 'Ah' and ending with an exclamation mark, I read it as a light-hearted throw away line - subject to SeaBlade's confirmation, of course.

On the brighter side, congrats to @SeaBlade for making an on-the-spot decision and joining the Blade fold.

9. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

I see its an abs model youre talking about.
    I'd definitely read the numerous threads on here on the abs problems before you commit fully.
    There are also numerous threads on USA sites etc citing the same issues.
    It might be you never have a problem, but if you do...like numerous folks, including myself have ....then you'll need deep pockets & nerves of steel when the system fails.
    I'm only putting this forward as a bit of friendly advice :)

10. SeaBlade

SeaBlade New Member

I am used to forum banter. I read the abs 'sticky' before posting on this site. The most vocal, as usual, make the most noise. Without a poll of all owners it is difficult to judge but I can't see Honda not recalling if numbers were large. I have ridden the bike and despite the nay sayers making fair points, I would be ok going ahead on balance. However my issue is not 'does the Blade pass the test?', more, 'does it outshine, the Busa?'That was my original question. Thoughts on this still welcome. One comment made above about power to weight ratio being better was valid, and immediately evident when I took the Honda out to day. Whether it's a bit flimsy compared to the Suzuki is another matter.

#10 SeaBlade, May 26, 2018
    Last edited: May 26, 2018
  11. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I like 'flimsy'.:cool:

We can just about compare like-for-like here. You might have noted I have a 1985 VF1000R. It weighs a whopping 224 Kg. I also have a 2018 Blade SP2, which comes in at 184.78. (It was nearly 185, but I took the reflectors off the front forks:D:D)

So we both have a dinosaur and a nimble hare. The VF on its own is a delight to ride. I suspect you would say the same about the Busa. However, when going immediately from the heavyweight to the Blade, the difference is maximised. That's when we really notice how 'small' the Blade is, and also how much 'useable' on-tap power there is and how easy it is to drop into any corner, fast or slow.

Of course your decision about whether to part with the Busa will take in many factors. HOWEVER, finance permitting, you have a relic that might very well be worth holding on to. You might even appreciate it more when working between 2 bikes.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SeaBlade

SeaBlade New Member

Yes the heavyweights do hold their own. My other bike is a Harley Iron which I use for carving up the city traffic. Only two bikes for me so the sports machine is for 'sod everything, let's ride on fast roads' moments! The Blade reminds me of my Daytona (now gone) albeit less powerful but wicked on the twisties. The Busa handles remarkably well for it's size (no strips!) But the Blade would probably out thrill it on a track or lively road. Love the colours and the flickability. Pose value is pretty high too. We'll see, but thanks for the opportunity to bounce off ideas. Pushing 70, I've not finished with fun yet!

• Like Like x 1
  13. bradt

bradt Elite Member

Welcome Seablade

14. Fwsock

Fwsock Active Member

Welcome fella. Glad to see u made the right choice. Not sure about the abs tho, call me a purist. You’ll notice a jump in build quality over the suzi tho. Pushing 70? Good on ya. Thought I was growing old disgracefully at just gone 50

15. SeaBlade

SeaBlade New Member

Didn't buy it in the end! Realised the Busa is just as much a legend and I have that. Pretty bikes, the Blades, mind.

16. Fwsock

Fwsock Active Member

Aaahhh, just keep lookin for a non abs then, plenty out there. You won’t regret it. Much better then a bus. I used to be able to smoke a bus in the twisty’s with my old Cbr6. Of course I was annihilated on the straights. Won’t happen with a blade. You’ll be all over a bus like a bad rash then it won’t have enough to pass you on the straight. Blade wins :D:D

• Like Like x 1
  17. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

Hi and welcome !