2015 wheel bearings

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Glenandemm, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Glenandemm

Glenandemm Active Member

Where’s best to get a set front and rear and are they easy knock out knock in?
    I’m having my wheels powder coated soon as the orange has sun damage so need to remove them!

2. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Anywhere really as they're the same size across most years, just pick a decent brand.
    I did mine on the 2013 for powder coating. The bearings were the same from the 2004 model except for either the rear sprocket side or the sprocket carrier itself, I forget which.

As for knocking them out, use a drift and hammer them out from the opposite side. I used a 15mm metal bar, but there is a knack to it.

Are you having the sprocket carrier powder coated too? If so, be careful that the sprocket fits back on over the new paint. Mine didn't, so I had to file the sprocket to fit.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Glenandemm

Glenandemm Active Member

Nice one pal I thought it would be a case of using a punch or something to knock each side out from the other.
    Just gonna strip wheels bare and take them to him, I think he tapes off the sprocket mounted area from looks of his others he’s done.
    Says he can get very close to the repsol flouro orange colour hopefully too.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Glenandemm

Glenandemm Active Member

Does anyone have a link to rear wheel bearings for a 2015, all j can find on eBay is sets that are £20-£30.
    Fronts I can’t get koyo for £12 no probs!

5. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dave dunlop

Dave dunlop Elite Member

Either buy OE or a Japanese manufacturer equivalent... SKF bearings....Don’t buy Chinese! They are cheap for reason and won’t last long due to inferior material and poor tolerances. Have a browse on YouTube for a removal and bearing fitment...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Glenandemm

Glenandemm Active Member

Cheers pal, if I get the right part no’s and order elsewhere do they come dust seals too to fit in hub or do you use the original Honda ones fitted if you can get them out without damage!