2017 - 18 ECU Thread

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by nigelrb, Jun 3, 2019.

1. nevsrevs

nevsrevs New Member

Never seen the tc flash when front wheel lifts to my knowledge? But I can’t say I’m a huge screen watcher as I’m normally crapping my pants, I do not like the wheelie control on this bike, it’s scary how abruptly it brings the wheel down.

2. RC45

RC45 Active Member

But you do recall seeing the TC light flicker out the corner of your eye when the TC is addressing wheel-spins/slides?

3. nevsrevs

nevsrevs New Member

I have seen it flashing yes on the side of the tyre, but mainly I feel it through my ass gauge pulsing the power on and off mid bend, it’s a very strange feeling tc compared to other makes I’ve had, really grabby is how I word it

4. nevsrevs

nevsrevs New Member

Might see if I got any vids of the dash.

5. buz

buz Active Member

I've just gone from the original Bridgestone RS10 to Michelin Power GP in 190/55. The size difference was more than I expected, but so far. so good. I never had any issues before and I did Snetterton last week with the bike behaving well all day. I did run into the ABS but only when the rear was lifting and the system put it back down smoothly.
    The only light I noticed was the TC flashing when it wheelied, again, going down smoothly.
    Gear change has never been a problem. Coming from slightly older bikes, I'm used to a rougher box and am therefore quite forceful with the shifter. The adjustment of QS/AB is for the force at the pedal, not kill time/throttle opening.
    There is a line in the owners manual about TC. It says something like When the TC activates, the rider will not regain full control until the throttle is fully closed. It reads like the system is aimed at catching mistakes and allowing the rider to then recover and proceed, rather than being a fire & forget track system.

• Like Like x 2
  6. dmc12

dmc12 Well-Known Member

interesting you still noticed the TC and QS working cleanly despite the change in rolling radius. Keep us posted if this continues!

7. buz

buz Active Member

I've worn through that tyre and replaced with the same. Just done another trackday and all worked fine.