2017/2018 EPL Football season.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by dessp2, Jul 23, 2017.

1. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

Come on it is that time of the year. The new season is about to start. Naturally we all want our own teams to win it, but you have to be realistic. I would be happy for my team (Man Utd) to end the season with a solid top four and another trophy. So I will throw my hat into the ring and say:-

Chelsea.
    Man Utd.
    Tottenham.
    Man City.

Obviously I had Arsenal and Liverpool to consider who could easily finish in that top four.

2. raphael

raphael Elite Member

Would go with that but change tottenham for arsenal

• Like Like x 1
  3. Frankblue

Frankblue New Member

Man City
    Chelski
    Spurs
    Arsenal
    :).......clues in my name

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. T.C

T.C Elite Member

As a Man City fan, I am hopeful that they will win the Premier League, although Pep whatshisname has yet to convince e that he is the saviour he is made out to be.

After that, Don't really care who does what or finishes where ;) United in bottom 3 would be pretty cool espcially as my Mrs is a United fan. :rolleyes:

Be nice to see someone new come into the top 4 reckoning, my dark horse for this year is Everton.

And then Reading to win the Championship would be the culmination of a perfect season. :)

In all seriousness though. Will it happen? Probably not on all counts. The reality is that United are getting better and becoming more confident, Liverpool are on the up, being at Wembley might work against Spurs, and we are too inconsistent under Pep the spaniard. Arsenal I think are now also rans.

I think it could be one of the most competitive seasons ever..

• Like Like x 1
  5. KeepitPinned

KeepitPinned New Member

As I'm a Scot who has conquered and lived in England.... and lived happily here for over 30 years now, I am of course......a Man Utd fan :D Seriously though I had a Man Utd strip when George Best was playing... So!

Man Utd
    Chelsea
    Totingham...Totingnam.....Spurs
    Liverpool

Man City for relegation ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

Being Southampton born and bred...we just outperform every year....this year could be our toughest but I think our new manager should see us through....as ever Liverpool come looking for our talent again but after just signing a new deal van dike wants off to 200k a wk 90k ...not enough...now the boots on the other foot as courtino wants off to Barcelona....it really is down to money now which is ruining the standard of the games...to many players way over rated....anyway....I think we will finish around 8th or 9th....as for the top Gooners could be a surprise.....like to see Spurs do well as for the Manchester lot failure would be great and klopp going into meltdown even better...
    Chelsea could struggle..anyway starts tonight enjoy all

• Like Like x 1
  7. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

Shearer pips Man Utd for the top spot (I hope). Great match tonight Arsenal v Leicester. Obviously I was disappointed with the result during the week against Real Madrid (They were master class)in the Super cup. Zlatan may be re signed. Whatever happens I am excited about the new season.

• Like Like x 1
  8. We'reallfireBladesarntwe?

I'm going for th mighty blades double promotion.;)

9. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Its all b**lox

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mad Matt

Mad Matt Absolutely Bonkers Mad...

Man Utd
    Spurs
    Arsenal
    Man City

11. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

Can't comment as have.a virus.....

12. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Big gooner here (2x Season Tickets :confused:)

Cant say that we're going to be title contenders this year...probably scrape the top six if we're lucky :(

The manager really has outstayed his welcome and the majority shareholder really could care less about football.

Why the f*** do I bother with it...

13. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

I agree it all over rated.....I thinks saints will be ok ....Swansea look week.....Brighton poor and Newcastle woeful.
    Palace not yet geling and West Ham have some great players but not as a team...I see Liverpool think there back where they should be after one European win....its been along time since they won that competition....
    Utd looking v good but the price of some of these players is Far to much...

• Agree Agree x 1