2017 cbr1000rr abs light flashing bike dies right after

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Dr. Speed Lemon, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Dr. Speed Lemon

Dr. Speed Lemon New Member

I just put woodcraft rearsets and clip ons on my bike. I took it for a spirited ride and everything was great for the 1st hour. Then the abs light started flashing and the bike died. I tried starting it but the battery sounded dead and the dash went out. So I tried push starting it. It would come on for a second and die. While I was waiting for my wife to pick me up I noticed the rear master cylinder was loose so I tightened it. The bike started went 50 feet and then died again. I got the bike home charged the battery road it around the block and the check engine light was off. Then the abs started flashing again and the bike died. The only thing I changed which could be the culprit is I got rid of the kick stand sensor, but it did find with it missing at a recent track day. I also changed the brake light sensor with a woodcraft banjo pressure sensor switch. I did not change the brake fluid when I did this however the brake still felt firm. Could a small bubble do this? Anyway if you guys know what this could be, any help would be greatly appreciated. If it's the abs I would prefer to do with out this. I have 3 abs fuses however when I pull one the bike either doesnt work or the dash shows a giant check engine light. I would eventually like to run direct lines and do away with abs altogether. PLEASE HELP