2017 honda

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by graemewalker, Jun 22, 2016.

1. sp1n99

sp1n99 Active Member

Shock, horror! Sound doesn't equal power!
    How many hearts have you just broken?
    This probably means Joe Public doesn't think that all you with racefit growler are race track refugees. :eek:

• Downvote Downvote x 1
  2. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

I will have to disagree with you there:

I shot this video at the European Drag Racing Championships, at Santa Pod in 2013.

Yo want to try standing there - this is about 10,000 horse power on tick over. The sound goes through you and you can feel it vibrate your chest. When it crosses the line the sound goes through you like a shockwave.

This pi$$y little point and shoot camera does not do it justice. I suggest you go and see a Top Fuel Drag Racing championship and you will see what I mean. As for Dyno runs, and all that - these things can't be Dyno tested - they would spit them out !!

3. sp1n99

sp1n99 Active Member

I spent many weekends at the pod in the 70/80's and also Shakespeare county raceway (I lived 2 miles away) and saw all the greats of that era, Garlits, Muldowney, Skelton and Priddle etc in top fuel and TC (Tom Christianson), BJ (Brian Johnson), Bo O'Brochta and the great Elmer Trett in top fuel bike's but the fastest I ever saw was actually silent on the start line, Sammy Miller in Oxygen which used a rocket motor ( from a lunar landing module if I remember correctly). Phenomenal!!!

4. Scott

Scott Active Member

Think we're off topic lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. RepsolPaul

RepsolPaul Well-Known Member

Definitely, maybe :D

6. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Honestly can't wait for next year to come now.

With the new Blade and also Gixxer, along with the other bikes out just now it's going to be rather exciting choosing a new bike.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RepsolPaul

And a Sp type of version of the Zx10r too, it's going to be a hard decision for a new bike !!

8. RazorBlade

RazorBlade Member

So we are talking, if we are lucky, about a possible increase of 20hp and you think you can diagnose that type of increase just through hearing it rev up in a dodgy YouTube clip because you've "done a few up through the gears runs"? What a load of shit. And no not all inline 4s sound the same to me but I'm not that much of a bullshit artist that I would try and imply that I could discern a 20hp power increase just by listening to the bike.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

Unfortunately I return to Saudi shortly so 3 mths there then 2wks home so will be keeping my 2014 , be a waste of money having a brand new sat there , my view is forget all the tech, marketing buff, book test rides on everything From all brands then buy what you like and also which dealer gives you the best service etc....then leave all the willy waving to those who wish to defend there purchase and how the electronic suspension has now turned them into a Moto gp contender...

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

I am more than tired of waiting for the new Firebalde to come out.
    In 2011 my “insider” Honda man told me, that the brand new V4 will be on the market
    in 2013. Year after year Honda didn’t do anything what people didn’t do before with their blades.
    Now they show the Trailers where you don’t see anything new or exiting.
    So, I made a down payment for a brand new bike from another manufacture last week.
    The time to buy a new bike is now because of the imminent launch of the Euro 4 bikes in 2017.
    I know that Euro 4 probably will make all bikes heavier and potentially slower (maybe).

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Naz

Naz Active Member

What you buying?

12. Singh1000RR

Singh1000RR Active Member

Don't quite understand everyone asking for more power - do we mean "deliverable" power??

Who uses 200BHP on the road? Especially as its all at the top end?

I spoke to Jason O'Halloran at my local Honda dealer recently and he said that the blade in BSB trim delivers more than enough power - its the chassis that lets the bike down. This is echo'd by James Whitham many times on TV saying that the modern superbike delivers more than enough BHP for most tracks. Then you got Nicky Hayden asking for more power in WSBK. I suspect they both mean "deliverable power" rather than outright BHP. There are not many straight line circuits anymore - so the power needs to be delivered efficiently via electronics and chassis.

The new fireblade doesn't need to top the BHP charts - as long as it can deliver the required power to win at both WSBK and national level.

But does that translate to road riders (not road racers)? Who uses 200BHP on the road (legally)? Not me - id prefer good power delivery across the rev range. But I'm a road rider not a racer who wants to go fast (but safe).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

#233 BlackDevil, Sep 29, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
  14. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

15. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

I got a cracking deal on mine, but I didn't want the Akra etc.
    The bike is not ready yet, but I am not in hurry to pick it up.
    I am going to use some parts from my 2014 Factory and will get the new Austin Racing, including Race ECU etc.
    My old Austin Racing wont fit on the new bike etc.
    If you are really interested to buy one, I could send you some more information about it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Naz

Naz Active Member

Lovely bike, haven't riden an Aprilia since I was a kid. Maybe I will go and take one on a test ride. Hope you enjoy your new bike

• Like Like x 1
  17. Cbrjay

Cbrjay Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Ping me the info mate. I'll be in the market for a new bike in the next few weeks onwards.

19. RepsolPaul

Honda Teaser 3

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Naz

Naz Active Member

Nice front end