2017 honda

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by graemewalker, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Pgm

Pgm Member

It ain't bust it's just a dinosaur compared to opposition.

2. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

Nothing much wrong with the current one (IMHO) !

Although traction control, for out or corner power, would be good. Funky dash might be nice. Better 1st into 2nd gear change would be nice; gold wheels, Ohlins.

What would be really good though would be to see it spanking the opposition on the track !

My lovely bike:
    [​IMG]Firebladelid by 660 Mattie, on Flickr

3. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Unfortunately Mattie it needs a fair bit more than that to spank the opposition on track....

Absolutely ace road bike yes, sharp end race bike, not any more unfortunately

4. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

If Honda want to put the new Fireblade on the race podiums, they will.

You are talking about Honda, not Mobylette. At the same time they have to sell bikes that customers want to buy.

I have no doubts whatsoever of Honda's ability to beat all comers if they put their mind to it. If they want the new Fireblade to be a race winning bike, you can guarantee it will - so all these other manufacturers had better make the most of it while they can - 'cause Honda are on their way :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. rebel

rebel Active Member

W
    Well said that man

6. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Don't disagree they have the ability.... Made some of the finest motorcycles every made. I've had the pleasure of owning the blade and still own a vfr400nc.... And as a kid the rc30, 45 and original blade were posters on my wall....

But the question is do they have the appetite... Because for the last few years they certainly haven't.

They've cashed in on a truly epic motorcycle and the R&D they put in has prob been recovered like no other model of sports bike for such a long period (with exception the current r6) and they still sell em by the bucket load....

Can't knock the business model, just wish they pulled their finger out, as when they do, it's usually awesome....

I'm not knocking the blade, only just sold mine, was amazing and still a far better bike than me. On the road it's still the best IMO, but on track it simply doesn't cut it, you have to ride it harder than the rest to get them same out of it. Only my opinion though of course... Still guys on blades faster than me that's for sure

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. rebel

rebel Active Member

Someone said there a bit of a dinosaur for track use there probably right but most people buy these bikes just for road use they never see a track I got a 2010 and I reckon it's a fantastic road bike I go out with a group of about 5 or 6 of us for a ride with a good sprinkling of bikes 2 BMW 1000rr last year's zx10 and a brand new r1 do I get left behind do I fuck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. gixxerjim

gixxerjim Active Member

no electronics -yes, down on power, yes, but look at Snetterton BSB. can still hold its own on the right circuit

9. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

No doubt they have the ability, not sure they have the divine right to just build it and wash away the competition though. As a company they've been trying their very best to get the F1 engine competitive, it still isn't. Heads have rolled at Honda over that mess.

I'm firmly in the camp of let's wait and see what they do, wouldn't be confident enough to say it's going to be top of the class though.

Current bike is brilliant for me on the road, I love the fact it's the last of a generation. Don't think I'll ever sell it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Bsb couldn't be further away for comparison against competition though for road bikes... As the bsb will have full electronics and highly tuned...

Need to look at sstk.... And I bet no one is running a Honda

11. Reddevil007

Reddevil007 Active Member

From memory BSB are virtually no electronics. This was something brought in couple of years back. That's why the S1000rr doesn't do great in BSB as all the standard kit has been taken off. Super stock bikes have more electronics than BSB bikes

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Pgm

Pgm Member

Keith farmer is 3rd in first qualifying at Thruxton today has been going well on it this year.

13. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Sstk have more? So they take stuff off for bsb?

Know the s1000rr is bossing stock this year cos of power and electronics....

14. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

He's also the only blade out of 39 bikes.... Fair doos to him though

15. sp1n99

sp1n99 Active Member

16. RepsolPaul

RepsolPaul Well-Known Member

Yes, was there today and spoke to Keith Farmer.
    Such a nice normal bloke and happy to bikes, he was 1st in qualifying 2, 0.474 ahead, he said it so easy to ride and fun and was so easy to smoke the rear tyre but managed the tyre well and done his fastest lap on his 2nd and 11th lap on the same tyre.
    I asked about the New 2017 bike and he said his guy is in close contact with a head guy in Honda UK and he knows fuck all also about the new bike as still secret.
    Just that Honda and Ohlins have been playing with it.

Even though it's the fastest circuit in Britian, a Fireblade is a fast enough to keep up and more forgiving and easier to control on the edge.

17. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Imagine what he will go like on the new one :rolleyes::D

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

How about Honda surprise everyone and do what Yamaha have done - that is a pure sportsbike like the R1, and a stonking naked version like the MT-10 ?

That way your hard core track day types can shave seconds off their times round Donington in full hard-core race tech mode, and anyone who wants a blast on ordinary roads gets the naked version.

Might have to get used to it doing things like this though :D

(Sorry for Valentino when his Yamaha when bang at Mugello, not his fault)
    [​IMG]Valentino Rossi Mugello 2016 by 660 Mattie, on Flickr

19. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

I think Honda will continue with the standard and sp models etc to cater for all markets and budgets. Great idea IMO as like you say.... Standard is more than enough for road and track days etc....

Bling is for the rich and talented. Most of us don't fit these categories lol

An exciting naked from Honda would be ace. But they are just too reserved IMO