2017 honda

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by graemewalker, Jun 22, 2016.

1. derchef

derchef Well-Known Member

2. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

I was offered first ride on my local dealers demo, I didn't ride the bike but I did pop in for a look and a sit. I sat on both the SP and the standard bike, started the standard bike up and had a quick play with the new clocks and settings.

It actually seems really nicely put together. Considering it's supposedly shrunk, the riding position seems the same as my 2015. The SP felt slightly taller but I'd put that down to not starting it up and differing suspension.

I paid bang on £10k new for my 2015 Blade. Is the new one worth £5k more? I suppose it's difficult to call without riding it, but I walked out with no deposit left even though a was offered £1k over and above on the deal. I did say I might consider it next year when they're struggling and need to shift some numbers. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Great Guy

Great Guy Well-Known Member

I will probably purchase a second-hand one in 2018/19 with an Akrapovic put on by the previous, one careful owner . Come on!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ian E

Ian E Active Member

Has anyone actually bought one yet? They seem to be in Dealers now. I personally think the standard one is way overpriced. I am on my 4th Blade but looking elsewhere for my next bike.

• Like Like x 1
  5. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

I was in Italia Motorcycles in Lincoln earlier on. I really like the look and the toys on the Ducati Monster 1200 R.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Singh1000RR

Singh1000RR Active Member

that's my plan as well :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ian E

Ian E Active Member

Me too if I stay with Honda :) - but that needs people to buy new ones at £££££s in the first place.

8. Singh1000RR

Anyone actually ridden one yet (apart from Derchef)?? Our local Honda is getting some this weekend coming

9. Singh1000RR

Might have to wait 3 years - then there will be loads of low mileage ones from expired PCP deals

• Like Like x 4
  10. dainesefreak

I've been considering chopping in for a Super Naked so I did the rounds a bit at the weekend.

Before I popped into Honda I'd been into Triumph to sit on a new Speed Triple R. I then went next-door to KTM/Kawasaki and sat on a new ZX10R because it was by the door on the way in, 1290 Super Duke R, 1290 Super Duke GT and a Z900 Performance, no Z1000's in at the time.

The triumph was a nice enough bike, well put together and some decent kit. It was just a shame the sales guy tried to auction my bike over the phone whilst I sat there and came back with some horrendous figures and PX value.

Popping into Kawasaki\KTM I sat on the ZX10R and I really don't like the front fairing, not that I'm really in the market for one anyway. The Super Duke was nice enough but not a £14k bike in my opinion. The GT was again only a hop on because it was there and I'm really not in the market for a £16k KTM. The Kawak Z900 felt a bit like the bike I passed my test on; it's probably great as a first big bike or commuter but not really up my street.

So I might now go and test ride a 2015 S1000R Sport in a dealership down the road and the new Ducati Supersport.

If I'm really honest I could be tempted by the new Blade if the deal was right, but they'd have to throw a hefty PX my way to make up the deposit.

• Like Like x 1
  11. icedmind

icedmind Active Member

Depends on what you do but super naked can get broing really quickly, and when it come to long sweeping bend they just don't have the stability. If you are just going from A-B and town road its okey but when it comes to open road you'd wish you had a sports bike.
    If I am going for a fast ride I'd take my road legal 600 F sport track bike over my CB1000r any day.

Anyways found this on youtube earlier:

• Like Like x 1
  12. MrB

MrB God Like

Looking forward to trying this tomorrow.

17156229_10203183658470274_2552454139043200753_n.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  13. Slimwilly

Slimwilly Member

Wow, very lucky person

• Like Like x 1
  14. dainesefreak

I used to ride year round and do a fair mileage, I don't any more, as unfortunately I just don't have the time with work and family commitments. Most of my riding is commuting into work, with the occasional country lane once in a blue moon.

The Blade is a great bike and I really don't need any more power, in fact as the BHP numbers went up I think my enjoyment actually went down. I also don't need the bike to shrink for the style of riding I do. Basically I think I've now got the wrong tool for the job.

15. Singh1000RR

This guy was creaming himself after only 50 metres!!

talking myself into getting one ...... :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  16. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

In 1st gear it's so light....brilliant wow....knob....knob....knob...you can throw it around he's going side to side at 39mph.....my pushbike its wow .....at that speed ....move your wpeyes down and you can see you speed whatever next ....where's my 16k.......laughing my......c......k...off...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

FairPlay for doing a review I apologise for knocking it...

18. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

I want one.......

19. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

The dash looks really trick.

What are the main differences/changes over the 2016? The closer i see it the morr it looks familiar.

Also heard Leon Haslam saying he couldnt understand why Honda are so far off in wsbk when the bikes fundementals are essentially unhanged?

20. icedmind

icedmind Active Member

new engine, new gear box, new frame, new wheels from what i have read online; the blade in the 12-16 form is maxout from its perfoemance for a bike with minimal electronic controls(no throttle by wire, traction control, complicated IMU etc); the other manfactures have been playing with all these electronic for a year or two now, plus in stock form the Kawi have 10bhp higher engine, and I dont think on a fully striped track machine the weight lost will worth as much as 10bhp.

IMO the new blade is the best package on the 2017 liter road bike to get, enough power but more importabtly lighter which means I can ride it for longer in the summer days before killing my sholders/core

Yep time for a Trophy maybe;)

• Funny Funny x 1