2017 honda

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by graemewalker, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Maybe it is a language issue but that statement is complete and utter bollocks!

I, like many here, could afford a new blade but choose not to buy one because it doesn't offer me anything I can't get elsewhere, and Honda have lost the plot on pricing and specification, not to mention customer service and the C-ABS fiasco.

On the other hand I can't afford a Lamborghini but you don't see me moaning about them.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Cbrjay

Cbrjay Well-Known Member

I think it's more the case that people think they are being ripped off at that price

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

This is why I'd consider looking at the Suzuki.

Do I think it's a better bike?

Not really, but it offers more or less the same package and reviews OK. In fact I could up the ante and look at the R version for only a few hundred quid more than the standard Blade.

The bigger question for me is do I want a 200 bhp bike for the road and am I now willing to pay a premium for it. I'm quite happy with the output of my current bike and when my deal finishes next year Honda currently haven't done enough to convince me buy the new one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Blix

Blix Active Member

Or the Sport version of the S1000RR which according even to MCN does everything better than the new Blade
    But is boring (apparently) and can be had for the same money as the base Blade without even looking at discounts

Yes my wallet is perfectly capable of buying a new one thank you but It doesn't offer me anything I can't get for less.

5. Gaffa22

Gaffa22 Well-Known Member

I test rode the Suzuki and the S1000RR twice, the GSXR I rode back to back with the Standard blade ( had optional QS fitted )
    and personally I found the blade to be be a better road bike.
    Its more comfortable than the S1k and the quickshifter is much nicer.
    The main diff to the Suzuki is the build quality just doesn't look as good as the blade, and the Brembo brakes were quite poor compared to the blade's Tokico.
    I did not notice the difference in BHP to be honest, if you try and get the throttle fully open on any of the three bikes its a job to hang on and you very quickly grossly exceed the speed limit.

I will take my bike on track occasionally but its main use is to have some fun and commute, so for my purpose I felt the blade was better, so that's what I bought.

forget the mags just road test them and buy the one you like the best. They are all very very good and far more capable than 95% of the riders that will buy any of them.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Thailand SP

Thailand SP New Member

nice to see that there's more that the old guard of the forum who can be enjoying their days without negatives

• Like Like x 1
  7. Blix

Blix Active Member

Negatives? It's a forum, they're called opinions.
    According to your intro in the new member section you haven't got yours yet so here's hoping you enjoy your bike and don't have any "negatives"

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Thailand SP

Thailand SP New Member

Peoples opinions, most of the time are subjective and always irrelevant when it's time for making your own decisions.
    If a individual have nothing nice to say about anything in general just keep your mouth shut because no one should care about it.

Negative peoples just drains out positive individuals, are worthless and complaining is the favourite activity.
    I sure will be enjoying it, life is way too short !!!!

#1108 Thailand SP, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Gaffa22

Gaffa22 Well-Known Member

10. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

If if by nice you mean the same as yours... otherwise it's irrelevant and should keep their mouths shut! Lol only child by any chance? :)

But one thing you are right on is opinions are mostly subjective... so when it comes to buying bikes (road or track bike), buy the one you like the look of most and can afford.... their isn't a bad bike out there, just different and some better than others depending on your intended use etc etc etc....

But comes down to grin factor end of the day.

Unless it's a race bike and then you are in a completely different ball game and reason for buying something.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

I think it's fair to say the new Blade is a bit divisive??!! :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. Blix

Blix Active Member

Hey everyone, just keep your opinions to yourself from now on, that looks set to be an interesting forum then ;)

Tumbleweed rolls slowly past.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

16 litre fuel tank and no fuel gauge - :(

Last year trying to cross France when the Frenchies went on strike and were not delivering fuel to the petrol stations - what a laugh that was. After queueing to an eventual empty pump I told the dude I would sleep there until petrol arrived - he sold me some from a can and I moved on.

And now they are telling me the fuel tank will be smaller and still no fuel gauge - :(

Not a good thing for me, personally, subjectively :D

out of petrol.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cbrjay

Cbrjay Well-Known Member

i know 5 posts in and taking over

15. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Hmm. ....I don't think other people's opinions are irrelevant.....I wish someone had shared their opinion of the abs system before I bought the last blade & then I wouldn't be living on dried biscuits paying garage bills :rolleyes:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. Cbrjay

Cbrjay Well-Known Member

We need an irrelevant rating now

17. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

18. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

A bit of light reading you may benefit from.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  19. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Ive never seen the fascination with fuel gauges on bikes myself. My 2nd bike has a fuel gauge....i still prefer to do it manually on the trip counter. Would be interested to hear what @Gaffa22 can get out of the 16l tank, I think it's more than you'd expect. Your arse is the limiting factor on a long trip on a sportsbike not the tank range.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

I know what you are saying - but there are different kinds of fuel gauges. The Suzuki I have ordered has a Computer that not only shows the fuel gauge, but can also toggle through numeric fuel statistics - importantly distance remaining can be shown. So you can have your visual blocky gauge plus miles left to empty displayed above it. To me that is useful.

I know what you mean about comfort being the limiting factor, mostly I agree, especially as the day progresses. But on trips abroad, where miles can just fly past, fuel tank range is definitely the limiting factor, especially early in the day when your are all fresh and rested. You can also lay on the tank, and move around to ease any discomfort . Very often I have to get off to refuel before the discomfort has become intolerable - I have become quite used to spending all day on my bike. (Portsmouth-Heysham, did that in a morning to catch the ferry to the TT).

What I like the idea of is when the the petrol stations come up and it says Petrol station in 5 km, then 65 km - you can look down at your funky fuel computer that will tell you - 75 km remaining - well press on to the next one then, even if you got to wiggle your backside about a bit to try and stay comfortable.

Maybe this fixation with fuel gauges and range comes from being away from home, and away from the familiar. At home I couldn't care less about the fuel gauges - when the little orange light comes on I just nip into the station down the road, or the next one - you are never that far away from home.

Agreed, it would be interesting to hear whether the smaller tank range is an issue for others, rather than just me rabbiting on about it !:D