2017 RA-H Latest woes

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Ice Doc, Oct 1, 2020.

1. stuart_g

stuart_g Active Member

That is good news and i really do hope it is finally fixed.
    Sounds like Doble have put the customer first for once.
    If i do need to use the warranty which hopefully not i will definitely take the bike back to Doble for the work to be done. I did buy the bike from them after all. I need the yearly service done so i will probably take it there for that too even though i live miles away. Honda dealers around Ipswich aren’t brilliant either....

keep us posted as to when you get it back and have given it a good test.

2. bladerunner03

bladerunner03 Active Member

Fingers crossed for you that it is all OK now.
    Sunday looks a good day to test it if you get it back by then.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

It’s always nice to hear of a happy ending :) and an endorsement of a dealer which is becoming rarer and apparel and rarer!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ice Doc

Ice Doc Active Member

Bike's being delivered back to me tomorrow, so I'm getting quite excited. Having only had it for around 1 week in the past 5 months, it'll be like getting a new toy again. Will be heading out early on Saturday to test it as I'll be travelling into central London to get my first Covid vaccination. Weather looks cold but dry, so roll on Saturday!

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Good news mate, hope it’s all fixed, just hope your bolting it down some where safe if your riding into town on it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ice Doc

Ice Doc Active Member

Thanks. Yes, that's the worst thing about travelling into London - I'll be carrying probably a good 10 kg of locks and stuff. These would normally all be left at work so I didn't have to carry them on my daily commute, but as we know, things still aren't normal. Call me paranoid, but I'll have two disc locks, a heavy duty chain and a full tank of fuel - hopefully the wheels won't buckle under the added load.. obviously I'm as light as a feather after 11 months of being shut indoors..

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ice Doc

Ice Doc Active Member

Good news - bike appears to be fixed. I travelled up to central London on it and back on Saturday (got my first dose of the Ox/Az vaccine) and the bike ran smoothly with no fault codes reappearing. So that's a good sign - although it has previously been ok for around 2 hours before the fault reappeared. However, I'm feeling confident that the replacement of the entire wiring loom on the bike has finally resolved this mystery. I do wonder if anyone will interrogate the loom to find out where the fault was, or whether it'll just be "recycled". Looking on Fowlers, it looks as though a brand new wiring loom for the bike is more than £1k unless I've misread the diagram.. seems like something I wouldn't have considered replacing had the bike not been covered by its extended guarantee.

Only slight fly in the ointment was the tracker has stopped working - just inside its warranty. Scorpion think the battery has died, so that'll be replaced when it goes in for its service and MOT at the end of the month.

Hopefully this thread will now slip down into the history only to be viewed by those if anyone happens to have a similar problem in future. Thanks to everyone for their comments, info (wiring diagrams, etc.), it feels like despite the negativity coming from Honda Customer (don't) Care, that you lot have helped me keep my sanity (and temper) during this 6 month saga!

Roll on the summer, roll on the end of covid-restrictions!

• Like Like x 12
  8. tuấn lê

tuấn lê New Member

tuấn lê
    This message by tuấn lê has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Downvote Downvote x 3