2017 RR Test ride

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Blix, Sep 26, 2017.

1. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

very interesting discussion. Adds another dimension to things to consider when dealing with electronically controlled bikes.
    I wonder how he would find if the tester turned off TC (or set to min) on the OEM (dunlops 214). WOuld the throttle on problem go away?

2. Jez

Jez Senior Member

Just a thought. Honda spend a lot of time and money developing an exhaust that complies with noise and emissions this is going to be a compromise to how it works

3. chris clark

chris clark New Member

Probably on the wrong page guys but bear with me
    I have a ‘17 base blade & mainly track her & am very impressed so far
    Wondering how to improve the fuelling low down without fitting a new zorst..it gets through every noise test so far as standard & am wondering if the rapid bike evo is worth fitting whilst leaving the zorst as standard?
    Thanks in anticipation
    Chris

#43 chris clark, Dec 3, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
  4. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

You’ve added this to an old thread Chris

5. chris clark

chris clark New Member

Thanks Kevin, been so long since I’ve posted I’ve forgotten how

6. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

I had a Rapid Bike Easy on a BMW S1000XR and it was awful, sent it back. It was really crude, it destroyed the fuel economy and made the bike so rich at the bottom end that it would cut out now and then when idling at traffic lights. I gave up trying to improve the fuelling on that bike, it made me realise it wasn't actually that bad stock. No experience with the Rapid Bike Evo.

On the blade I started out wanting to get rid of the step you get when riding through the exhaust valve opening at around 4000rpm. I deleted the valve and fitted a power commander running a map for a stock bike. This was a decent improvement and made the bottom end nice and smooth. It was made even better though when I fitted an akra slip on and got a custom map.

• Useful Useful x 1