2017 Sp susuension

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by David Martin, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Firestarter_Phil

Firestarter_Phil New Member

David,
    It's worth noting that you do not need to remove that cover, you need to disconnect the electrical connector from the other end of that cable (either side of the ignition lock) and pull it up out of the way.

Phil

2. David Martin

David Martin Member

Hi Phil,
    Thanks for that, the forum has been a great help, I will give it go I think, it's not a money saving exercise just a pain going to Nicosia.

Thanks to all for your help

3. Jez

Jez Senior Member

It is good to play with your bikes suspension so you know how to adjust for different roads. At first I made the mistake thinking you soften the compression then nice ride, wrong, if it over compresses then springs back harsh ride.
    you have to balance compression with rebound, also you may think your forks are bad then find it is the rear bouncing the front.or the other way round.
    professionals spend a lot of time learning how to set up suspension and i think they usually set up base settings for not a fortune.
    If you do get it set up record them so you can always go back. if you change.
    for fine tuning I tended to adjust each setting one way or the other 1/4 turn then think is it better or worse. this takes a lot of time but just do it as you ride.
    Enjoy

4. Brom66

Brom66 Well-Known Member

Hypo question, does this affect the amount you can carry regarding luggage ?

5. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I have no luggage, but plenty of baggage.;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Brom66

Brom66 Well-Known Member

I have plenty of luggage and baggage:(

• Funny Funny x 1