2018 cbr1000rr arriving this weekend

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Motorcyclebear, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Motorcyclebear

Motorcyclebear New Member

Hey guys/girls I have a 2018 (non sp) arriving this weekend. When looking over the pics I noticed the tft display is not showing any gear indicator. The indicator is essentially blank. Maybe nothing of concern and hard to tell until it arrives but thought I would ask the experts here for advise. Why do you think it's not showing N or 1,2,3??? 53418907O.jpg etc pic attached

2. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

False neutral :p

Probably only ignition on?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Motorcyclebear

See I knew an expert would know :)

Bike is 800km away from me so this one is purchased site unseen, well, just from pics. While waiting I've been doing the old YouTube thing and in all the vids you see this big green N haha

4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

@tuktuk might actually be quite correct. If the bike has been moved around within a garage or whatever, sometimes we give give the lever just a light tap to find neutral. It might actually be, say, between 2nd and 3rd. I'd have no concerns at all, although, for your own peace of mind, why not just query it with the seller?

You are right in that there is USUALLY the 'big green N'. Congrats on the purchase by the way.;)

5. Honda1964

Honda1964 Active Member

Yep I have seen that here and there if it’s not quite clicked, I am still learning to also make best use of the QS on mine, great device I must say never had one before.

Good luck with the new bike, they are fantastic. You better be ready for some major face ache with all the grinning that’s coming your way.

6. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I think I might have set some sort of record. Had my 2018 for 6 months now and still haven't used the QS downshift. I guess I should go about some experimentation.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  7. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

I doubt it is in a false neutral, I was just jesting.

I'm guessing it is in the ignition on stage and is yet to read the current gear position.

Enjoy the new machine.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Honda1964

Honda1964 Active Member

Downshifting with the QS seems wrong and nasty in my head but I only downshift when the engine is working, slow stuff etc I just use the clutch but I find on the revs upshifting is just awesome and a beautiful sound, again if the engine is on the down rev but still loaded then QS works well. Probably not explaining myself very well and I am still getting the best out of the QS. I have a slightly dodgy thumb and wrist issue on my clutch hand so it’s a real bonus to be able to rest it. I love this bike. Just some of the bikes I have had RD250,LC350 YPVS, GPZ900, ZX9R, 2 ZX10Rs, R1, 2012 Blade, ZZR11/1400, VFR800/1200 and this bike has simply blown me away let alone blown my mind in a way none of these bikes touched me. Well except the VFR1200F, that was a bike, that’s why my garage is complimented with a crosstourer.

#8 Honda1964, Sep 26, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

I use the Qs all the time 4th at high speed into 2nd what a buzz.....same on the up.....couldn't go back to using a clutch again......use it you've paid for it....

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Motorcyclebear

I'll be using it for both up and down. One of the many reasons why I purchased it. Only a couple days remain......

• Like Like x 1