2018 sp1 help needed

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by nevsrevs, Jan 6, 2019.

1. nevsrevs

nevsrevs New Member

hi chaps trying to find out if anyone knows how to go to gp shift on this model with out going to aftermarket quick shifter or getting a sp2 ecu upgrade.
    Many thanks

2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

You mean a 1 UP and 5 DOWN shift?

3. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Assuming you do, there are major problems in doing this with the 2017 - 18s because of bodywork and frame close to the linkage vertical shaft. Some have gone with Gillies rearsets to overcome this.

There is, however, the HRC conversion which you will note reverses the upper mount on the gear shaft, BUT that sends the lug forward by approx 40 cms and will not then clear bodywork. HRC and Ten Kate bikes have made appropriate mods to cater for this.

HRC Manual.jpg
    Shift Linkage.jpg

4. nevsrevs

nevsrevs New Member

Yep, seems the quick shifter will only allow standard shift,

5. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I have the SP2 and I am sure it operates the same through the ECU for the quickshifter as does the SP.

6. nevsrevs

nevsrevs New Member

So by the looks of that diagram it needs a different quick shifter module.
    I can switch the shift pattern fairly easily by turning the shift arm 180 degrees on shaft but it don’t like it on the blipper

7. nevsrevs

nevsrevs New Member

It seems on the sp2 you gain access to the quick shifter operation in the ecu and change the setting to gp shift, but this is locked on the sp1 even though I can see it in the options it won’t let me get into it

8. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Interesting. That suggests the pulse sensor on the vertical linkage (module as you refer) becomes 'confused' at the reversal. That's now beyond my level of knowledge to overcome that.:(

I wonder if the dash setting might be able to be done at a dealer in the 'mechanic' mode?

9. nevsrevs

nevsrevs New Member

From what I can tell so far apparently not. It’s a shame because I was hoping it was going to be flipped easily but even turning the whole lot upside down ain’t a option as the bottom rose joint is fixed