2018 SP2 first ride

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by stuart_g, Jan 25, 2020.

1. RC45

RC45 Active Member

What do you mean by "factory reset"?

QS is designed for clutch-less up-shifts at full throttle and Autoblipper downshift assist is designed for closed throttle clutchless down shifts.

If you actually touch the clutch lever enough to trigger the clutch position activation switch in either case the event will be cancelled.
    Also the Autoblip rev match will not happen if the engine speed/road speed and gear combo of the next gear down will result in a mechanical over rev situation.

IOW you aint gettin no Autoblip if you try drop down a gear at 13,500rpm :) - but then again, covering the clutch lever could prevent the inevitable engine damage ;):confused:o_O:cool::)

2. stuart_g

stuart_g Active Member

I did a reset through the dash to set everything back to factory settings.
    Autoblip is working now as before i was changing down at too low revs. Wasn’t touching the clutch lever on up or down shifts.

3. RC45

RC45 Active Member

So this reset simply returns user selected optional values to the default values.
    As you have noted this "reset" in no way would have altered the way the mechanics or electronics fundamentally behaves.
    As for Initializing the Quick Shifter hardware through the maintenance menu, its not an action that is ever required other than if the actual hardware is replaced or removed and reinstalled.

4. dmc12

dmc12 Well-Known Member

Out of interest, do you see MotoGP / TT racers covering the clutch? I'd have thought at those speeds body position and bar control determines hand placement rather than having to dangle a finger over the clutch. But I may be wrong!

5. Marc

Marc Active Member

I just googled images of Valentino Rossi and then John McGuinness.

There are some pictures where they're covering the clutch lever, (whether consciously or not I don't know) but plenty where they're not. Horses for courses I suspect. In my experience it tends to be the old 2 stroke riders who bang on about it the most. I've never bothered in 24 years of riding, not done me any harm.

6. RC45

RC45 Active Member

You think?

Ah ok - feathers ruffled.. :):confused::D:eek:o_O

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Whoa, don't involve me in this. I do it out of habit that's all. @RC45 is the expert on keeping the clutch covered clearly. Ask him. :D