2018SP EML and OHlins fault. (With a twist )

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by jaykay, May 23, 2019.

1. RC45

RC45 Active Member

It is amazing how fantastical some of the claims of "special feature engineer accessed secret settings" can get LOL

There is no magical solution, when will folks realize that anyone claiming there is either confused or just making stuff up :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Yep, seems so many are graduates of Hogwarts!!:D

3. jaykay

jaykay New Member

To go back to my original post. The dealer found a few faults logged all indicating that the ecu or imu would need to be changed. Naturally he was reluctant to do this so has kept a log of all the fault codes, reset the ecu/software and sent me on my merry way. If the same faults recur he will change the above components. (He claimed there was a connector to the ecu that was slightly loose too so he hoped that was what was triggering the faults).

4. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

That’s what’s known as being palmed off. Join the club.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Are you planning on going back and getting another check carried out...to see if those same faults are back?

6. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

I’m tempted to take mine back, but I know there’s no point.

7. RC45

RC45 Active Member

What were the fault codes? Have him give this list to you.

This is such a cop out. Literally, the test to validate this is to take a known good ECU and plug it in and see of the error "goes away".
    This can be accomplished by simply taking an ECU from a bike on the showroom floor and testing.

There would be no doubt then - he would then be able to confidently say the ECU and or IMU are at fault and he has ordered you new ones and will let you know when they arrive.

Does the dealer have another working Blade on the floor?

8. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

I doubt a dealer would take any electronics off the showroom floor. If the bike in question has a fault it could break the new ECU. Not something I’d risk if I was the dealer.

9. RC45

RC45 Active Member

Then they better pony up and buy a test ECU as this is only way to complete many proper test scenarios.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. nevsrevs

nevsrevs New Member

Did someone say the other day they know of a couple of guys that ended up getting the finance company involved with the bikes not being fit for purpose? Getting to the point where I want a bike that works and is safe on and off the track

11. jaykay

jaykay New Member

If I experience any further problems I will, but so far so good. Completed another track day with no missed shifts and no issues (but since this is a bike that keeps on giving, the ABS kept me 'entertained' enough).
    I will only go back if the faults come up again, if the worn tyre caused it I will know soon enough, likewise if it is track abuse causing it.

I am determined to get the bike to work but if I can't gel with it by the end of summer then i'll chop it in.
    TBH I've had loads of people tell me they can't believe how rapid the 'blade is - until they pass me tentatively squeezing the lever on approach to a corner:D

12. RC45

RC45 Active Member

DIsable the ABS and be done with it.

For the rest the only way to properly "get the bike worked out" is to ditch the Ohlins electronic suspension by way of manual TTX shock and FKR100 cartridge kit and replace ECU with HRC unit.

The SP2 is really intended to be a SuperStock roads bike :)

• Agree Agree x 2