2019 1000rr sp .

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by keithg1748, Jan 9, 2019.

1. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Honda has already told me that the 2019 ECU cannot be transplanted into the 2017 - 18 see post #12.

Makes sense that Ten Kate could, but there is a massive difference between a street ECU and a race one. The suspension, as you mention, for one, the loom, and all the excess baggage a track/race bike would discard. I'm thinking remap also, but will wait until summer;).

2. RC45

RC45 Active Member

What exactly is the 2019 ECU supposed to fixing with regard to fueling and throttle response?

Of all the things Honda should have been working on fixing om the 2019 edition, fueling should really be right at the bottom of the list.

We have folks here in the USA tracking SPs and SP2s that are stock engine and only have full exhaust and Woolich fuel table edits that pull on R1Ms and ZX10RRs on track.

Lots of folks with 1000's of street miles on the 2017 and 2018 bikes and all that had to be done was use Woolich tuning software to tune the fuel and ignition tables.

The other mod is to insert the Euro/UK ETV tables and the bikes wake up and kick proverbial arse.

What Honda needs to have fixed was unlocking the Sport Kit menu to allow editing the tyre size and sprocket size to calibrate the Traction Control and Torque Management.

Splitting the Wheelie Control to its own menu is such a small thing as with Woolich you can edit the TC vs WC table anyway.

And on the SP2, TC1 actualy has WC0 already.

As for the 2019 HRC ECU, the reason Ten Kate mention it is because all they do is race bikes - they really don't work on street bikes at this level of mod, so it is a poor comparison to what we can do with the HRC ECU. I have the 2018 edition and will be getting the 2019 HRC ECU for the refined Torque Management, not for any fueling fixes.

So I guess my main question is, what is the problem folks have with the 2017/18 fueling that leads folks to believe the 2019 ECU will fix it?

I suspect Honda UK corporate are talking nonsense and actually have no idea. I know that this is true for Honda USA Corporate.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

The problem is
    We spent £20k on a bike and the throttle response is worse than on a 2012 Blade.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

I have been lucky with my 2018 sp really smooth all I will say to the new guys that have just got there's don't pussy foot about with it when running it in....I heard a chap had issues but had run it in on the 1st 600 miles in mode 3,,,,I had mine in the heat of the summer didn't go to over the top but didn't give it to much mechanical sympathy ...is just a bike no emotional bond with it will be onto the next one in a couple of yrs..

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

Funnily enough my dealer recommended giving it a bit of welly

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

Sorry to hear those that have issues ...are you on aftermarket cans or standard ....when I test rode a 2017 model with a yoshi it was all over the place.....if it was mine and no response from Honda it would be gone and wouldn't buy the brand again....

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Leem79

Leem79 Active Member

Haven’t ridden mine yet and my heads gettin full of doubt already....

Agree on the run in or lack of it! I’ve never really run any road or off road bikes in and always found they ran better than friends bikes that were more sympathetic towards theirs

Be out on mine soon enough and can’t wait! Not be much running in going on so will see what this throttle response stuff is all about then

• Like Like x 1
  8. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Another wet weekend, another day just looking at it!

Not had chance to ride mine yet but I'm trying not to get too bogged down with all the throttle issue talk that other's have had.

Just can't wait to get out on it now and hopefully won't have anything bad to report!

• Like Like x 1
  9. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Bit luckier for me. Cold, but dry enough roads after lunch for a quick 30-miler on the MV.

Too right about being influenced by others' problems. Attack yours with fresh eyes and ears. You don't want to go out riding actually looking to find faults. There will be, as you well know, a natural sensation of differences from your previous Blade.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. RC45

RC45 Active Member

So again, that's my question - how is this worse?

Is this an SP or SP2? And what is the issue you are experiencing?

Surging? Lurching? Bogging down? Stuttering?

11. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

PauloHrc and Leem79 report back on here how you find yours after a few hundred miles or so ....I really do hope all ok I am sure they will be....

• Like Like x 2
  12. RC45

RC45 Active Member

You gents just need to get out there and enjoy your bikes. Bear in mind the fly by wire is a direct link to the throttle body butterfly valves and there is no longer throttle cable slack to be compensated for - so any lurching is going to be the riders wrist movements.

I have to say I loved the way my stock SP2 rode. I just didn't like the soggy USA ETV tables that capped the throttle at 79% from 10,000rpm to 13,500rpm for noise regulation reasons.

I editing in the UK ETV tables using Woolich software and the bike became a different animal.

The SP2 is a beast even in stock form.

• Like Like x 2
  13. keithg1748

keithg1748 Active Member

my issue is it seems really snatchy at low revs , honda have said that they have improved the issues with the fuelling and throttle for the 2019 sp,s ,so imo if the 2019 is better so as a company I would have thought they would be able to put these changes on the 17 / 18 ecu at a small cost and you shouldn't have to be paying £390 to have the bike on a dyno and have the woolich maps installed and having this done will it void your warranty ?
    I was thinking of getting the ecu flashed when the weather gets better , but I was talking to a guy who asked what exhaust I had on , I told him its a Yoshi slip on , he said he wouldn't bother until you get rid of the cat off the bike , what do you think and has anybody fitted a full Yoshi system .

14. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

My troubles started pre Yoshimura, and have continued post Yoshimura.

I'm thinking of returning it to standard zorst, then having the ECU reset and its memory cleared. I'll then give it a bit more welly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

Don't get hung up on it. It's nothing major, but I wish the issue wasn't there.

16. keithg1748

keithg1748 Active Member

did u have a full system or just a slip on ? and did you have your ecu flashed .

17. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

Hi keithg1748....looking at your pic of your sp I noticed it has the same yoshi on it that I test rode and as I said before it was all over the show on the throttle ...lurching and snatchy ...put me off buying a 2017 model and I cancel lied the Akro for it....

18. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

I wish that was true but it isn't. I am more than capable of holding a steady throttle, unfortunately the bike isn't. The issue manifests itself by hunting and lurching at low revs. This has the effect of reducing the riders confidence when you want to pass a bus from 30mph. Once again I am more than capable of compensating for the problem but after spending £20k you shouldn't have to.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

Just a slip on.
    Not had it flashed yet, I'm hoping I don't have to. Perhaps this gentle use (not really running in) when it's new doesn't do them any good as the ECU is a learning device. I recall not having a problem for at least the first 400 miles. Trouble is I need better weather and salt less roads to get it back to the dealer.

• Like Like x 1
  20. keithg1748

keithg1748 Active Member

to be honest it felt like that with the standard can on , so I put the Yoshi on without the baffle and it was really bad it was all over with the revs so I put baffle back and it just feels the same as the standard , I didn't like the size of the akro , but I really do like the Austin racing but after talking to this guy im not sure if a ecu flash will change anything unless you get rid of the cat ,

• Thanks Thanks x 1