2019 1000rr sp .

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by keithg1748, Jan 9, 2019.

1. RC45

RC45 Active Member

If that's all then you can accomplish the same thing. YOu can even try it with your current Yosh setup to see if your bike relearns the correct fuel trims appropriate to the Yosh exhaust.

Or you could install your original exhaust with servo and unplug your battery and ECU for some hours.

Then ride your bike through a number (maybe 10) ignition cycles that include warm up and cool down cycles.

Should take you as close to relearned fuel trims as possible.

2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I'm interested in that too. My Honda dealer stated quite categorically that my 2018 ECU 'cannot be adjusted'.

3. Paul8

Paul8 Active Member

So who can be recommended in the UK for Woolich software mapping on our bikes with dyno runs, map/table outputs, etc? charliebrown266 can you share more on your experience?

4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I have had extensive contact with 'Rich' from Woolich, who has always been extra helpful. My original intention was to purchase the software package for myself, but I'm too nervous about my lack of technological expertise in that area. :(

Perhaps if you contact their office someone will give you a recommended centre close to your location.

http://www.woolichracing.co.uk/products/honda/honda-ecu-flashing.aspx#productTable

5. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Still use the same reset method as before where the disconnect the battery for 10 mins and then start with no throttle etc. ? Could save yourself a trip if you try it yourself first. Procedure is on here in multiple places but basically:
    • Disconnect battery for 10 minutes
    • Start engine with no throttle
    • Leave to run until fans kick in, don't touch throttle at all.
    • Flick the kill switch to stop the engine
    • Reconnect battery

6. charliebrown266

charliebrown266 Active Member

I took my bike into the shop i have been dealing with since i started riding! after the bike was broken in we did a base line at 144rwhp! after that we used the software to turn off the exhaust servo and disable and preform pair mod,its very important to do this before taking things out and then turning them off! may set codes still, next installed slip-on,filter,block off plates and then derestriction of the ecu! very re-stricked from factory. i was in shock with the results from going from 144 to 170 rwhp,but after seeing results from other makes,new zx10rr and gsxr1000 they are heavliy restricted from the factory! i learned alot from listing to RC45 and what he had to sayand what things to do with tuning the bike! the bike feels insane now,

• Like Like x 2
  7. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

What would you recommend for my bike @RC45

8. derchef

derchef Well-Known Member

Will not work for euro 4 , i posted in the forum the correct cable (with pins number and so on ) to use with an OBD CAN reader

9. RC45

RC45 Active Member

But I am still confused why this process is even suggested.

From my understanding motorcycle ECUs do not store Long Term Fuel Trims the way automobile ECUs do, so there is nothing to unlearn.

I have always thought this "relearn reset" was just a placebo.

Please clarify if you can - do these motorcycle ECUs actually store Long Term Fuel Trims?

10. RC45

RC45 Active Member

If you are having throttle smoothness issues then a proper dyno tune will be useful.

Get together with the UK Woolich guys. Rich is the UK support name I know. Great guy, they all are really.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. derchef

Cause few bikes , like early ride by wire vfr 1200 F needed that for reset few parameters .

12. RC45

RC45 Active Member

So this reset has no effect on the current CBR ECU as there are no Fuel Trim tables to clear?

13. derchef

Will be effective just for few minimal setting , not more not less .

14. RC45

RC45 Active Member

OK - to put the "reset fuel tables" to rest finally.

The 2017/18/19 ECU does NOT use any long term fuel trim tables that need to be cleared so the ECU can relearn anything.

The only reset is hard ECU MIL/CEL code resets/clears.

Has nothing to do with fuel/ignition trim table repopulation.

Any service center claiming this is the source of poor running due to fueling issues is incorrect..

Any poor performance is going to be as a result of incorrectly applied modification to the exhaust, intake and fueling system :)

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  15. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

The ECU reset along with learning reset was suggested by Honda Technical staff the Birmingham, UK motorcycle show.
    I've replaced the standard exhaust but I haven't been able to re attach the servo cables as I don't know the suggested cable lengths. I'm going to have to entrust the servo cable re attachment to the Honda dealer. I'd rather do it myself but I can't without knowing the suggested cable lengths. Apparently the wrong settings can strip the internal plastic gears.

16. RC45

RC45 Active Member

Probably better to get them to tinker with the servo and then they have to replace it if they strip the gears, although - but as far as "relearning the fuel tables" - they are flat out wrong on that one.

17. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

The standard exhaust has been refitted. As has the servo. Is it any better? Not noticeably yet. I'm not going to be barking up the honda tree anymore, as I don't believe they can sort it. Maybe it is the badly fuelled to get it through emission tests. A remap will help at sometime during the summer.

18. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I wonder if you have a centre that will do the re map and suspension under the same roof? Would be financially economical - and convenient! (and an expense you shouldn't have had to incur - but I'll leave that alone;))

19. Stuish

Stuish Senior Member

Not sure how close you are to the A1, but there is a center at Retford called Parkitt Racing who are a dedicated ohlins center, and also do remaps etc. Great service.

• Like Like x 1
  20. nevsrevs

nevsrevs New Member

So chaps I have had a chat today with a Honda dealer/race team and they are trying to get Honda U.K. to accept that the 2017+ bikes need the 2019 software update to unlock the sports pack in the ecu for anyone wanting to change tyre size or sprockets, as said by other members it has left a bitter taste of being miss sold a bike that’s has such limitations built into its software

• Like Like x 3