2019 blade

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by raphael, Aug 3, 2018.

1. raphael

raphael Elite Member

2. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

Interesting but a bit meh for me. I don't need more power I need a bike that fuels well and doesn't feel like it's chain slapping when I roll the throttle on and off around town. Oh and a gearbox that changes from 2nd to 1st would be good.

At least a V4 would sound nice. ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

• Like Like x 2
  4. Great Guy

Great Guy Well-Known Member

I need this blade. How much is it?

5. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Just 6 magic beans.

• Funny Funny x 5
  6. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

Nah, looks like a mix between the blade SP and an R6. It’s in its third year next year, so it will not be much different to this years. I actually think Honda are bored of the Fireblade and just doing a token effort.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

I think it will be just a colour change this will be on its way in 2020.....any then looking at 25k plus...

8. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Made me laugh when I got 3 quarters of the way through it and the paragraph starts with

"We’re getting into the realms of speculation here"

Reckon they were in those realms from the very start.

Can't see an all new blade in the next 4 or 5 years.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Alan-lee

Alan-lee Active Member

Would make sense for a new blade. If for nothing else but a racing perspective.

Honda suffering terribly in bsb, wsbk and road racing because the base model just isn’t good enough. I’m sure lots of these manufacturers realise that race wins can mean big bike sales.

Whether this is true or not I don’t know but I’ve read on other websites that they are going to be showing it in Milan this November.

10. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

From a road-user point of view, it's just another bike. As @dainesefreak said above, I don't need more power either, but I would jump at something fresh and new.

This 'proposed' bike appears to have resulted from stem cell research in much the same manner as Dolly the Sheep was cloned in 1996.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

Nothing about it matters in slightest

.....until.....

• It comes with a fuel gauge
    • and it wins the Senior

;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. dainesefreak

So I think I have to face the fact that the manufacturers just don't sell sports bikes in the numbers they used to, for the purposes they used to.

These things have just become totem objects of a bygone age and they've decided to throw some race tech and electronic gadgetry at em and wring some stupid horsepower numbers out of the engines, to try to retain the Rossi and Marquez wannabes.

Unfortunately for older guys like me, who actually rode these things when they were decent road bikes and aren't interested in 3 track days a year and my current lean angle, I've got to accept they are a compromise for what I want or look elsewhere.

When the time comes I'm seriously considering sticking a Street or Speed Triple in the garage and looking for a minter of a 954.

• Like Like x 2
  13. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

How do you think you'll decide between the two?

14. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I suspect DF is giving the new Bee Em a spin today in air-conditioned comfort. I'll give you the tip-off;)

DF has no particular allegiance to a make or model, although he has been a Honda stalwart for decades. In the current climate he will be guided by the p/x value for his mint matte black Blade; the reputation and service credibility of selected dealers; and then the test ride performance. THEN, he will go home, kiss his wife good evening, and say: 'Honey, guess what I did today?':D:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. dainesefreak

I'll test ride both. At the start of the year I'd have been going straight to the Street RS, but after the revamped Speed has now appeared the bigger capacity appeals a bit more. I want torque but not necessarily huge bhp figures.

Fortunately the dad of a lad I know just opened a Triumph dealership. Timing will come down to how much of a thumping I'd be willing to take on the px. I'm not desperate to change though.

I'm also considering testing the new Diavel DVT, but I don't think it will handle the way I'd like.

• Like Like x 1
  16. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Much prefer the look and size of the speed, it's a big price difference though for not a lot extra. I'm hoping triumph might make the QS and heated grips standard on the speed RS next year.

• Like Like x 1
  17. dainesefreak

What I'd actually like is for a manufacturer to take the Ducati Supersport idea and make a road sports bike with about 140/150 bhp, a decent chassis and brakes. I can do the rest.

• Like Like x 1
  18. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

I think that's what makes the Daytona r such an appealing road bike, to me at least.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

Honda were probably a little uneasy at the sight of the new Panigale V4 Speciale being tested around the TT course, in the very capable hands of Michael Rutter. It appeared to be quite sorted even with only two laps I think they did.

Not sure if they are planing on racing it - but it is not going to help Fireblade sales if Ducati turn up at the TT with that. The new Ducati boss was formerly with BMW and is responsible for bikes like the BMW S1000RR - now he is at Ducati and somehow the new V4 is tested round the TT course.

Things are starting to stack up against Honda if they are not careful.....

Performance Bikes August 2018.png

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

I think at the recent 8hr race Ducati came near last....BMW no where.......and HONDA won the World Championship with The Fireblade......I know miles off the road bike but it comes through in the Build quality of the brand my SP is by far better put together than the V4S I rode.

• Like Like x 3