2019 blade

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by raphael, Aug 3, 2018.

1. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Can you send a letter to Father Christmas on my behalf at the same time aswell please. Tell him I want a Duc V4s.... if he can't magic it down my chimney just leave it on the driveway. Ta.

2. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

Do it yourself.

3. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

I have no experience in achieving the impossible.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

Did your mummy write all your letters to Father Christmas then ?

5. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Don't think you're joking at all. There are very few of us who will actually take ACTION to correct a grievance - no matter how fruitless the expected outcome might seem. Cheers to you!:)

6. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

No, I wrote my own until the age of 7 then I realised I was pissing in the wind.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

Very wise - grasshopper :D

8. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

I just sent a brief but polite letter to head of development at Honda. Just mentioned exactly what I have mentioned here - just brief and polite, and hoped I was not wasting his valuable time.

Who knows what will happen to it. But it was written in sincerity is all that matters as far as I am concerned - it is for the best intentions.

Anyone know how long it takes letters to get to Japan ?

• Like Like x 1
  9. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Letter should land on his desk Friday or Monday, probably have new fireblade and a V4 in the UK by mid September. :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

The letter should get there fairly quickly. Unfortunately I read that Honda were building this Blade in China and it'll be coming over on a very slow boat. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Cruel.

Very cruel.:(

12. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

I see in today's MCN that Honda have announced a new Fireblade - not bad going since I only wrote to them on Monday [​IMG]
    :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

What does it say Mattie?

14. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

15. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

It says Mattie660 was right and a new Blade will be released - pictures and details to follow in November.[​IMG]

Apologies for any inconvenience caused :D

• Funny Funny x 4
  16. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

I would wager a small fortune you will not see a new fireblade at the show in November. Any takers?

17. raphael

raphael Elite Member

can you imagine if that does come out and its 200 bhp and lighter than the current sp after you have spent 20k+ on current one! gutted!

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Like when Honda announced the 2nd SP after saying the 1st was a one off edition?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Spygoat

Spygoat Well-Known Member

Yeah..like that.....hahaha

But seriously, folks, I went to my dealer today on news of this and asked to be put on a list. They had no clue as to what I was on about.

20. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

Joking aside - the Article in MCN of 08 August 2018, Page 05 - does state at the end that:

" A spokesperson for Honda said 'We refuse to comment on any new models'."

However, the article starts with- "Sources in Japan tell us that Honda are due to unveil a heavily revised Fireblade at the EICMA motorcycle show in November."

The article is then broken down into the two areas of complaint of the current bike and focus for the possible new Fireblade - being "Big power" and "Better aerodynamics"

Power issue - apparently race teams have complained at the lack of power compared to rivals. Honda could have provided more power quite easily but thought that the lack of weight was more important to people. There is talk of standardising the motor across the whole range including SP2. Honda had previously claimed - "we could easily give the bike 200 bhp".

Better aerodynamics- the article details some of the complains of the bike's aerodynamics, including BSB who have tried three different design versions. Road racers complained of lack of front end grip in high speed corners.

It seems to me that these are perfectly straightforward upgrades - without having to design a completely new bike. Honda have said they can easily get more power from the existing motor - they may as well do that then rather than design a completely new motor.

Similarly with the aerodynamics - I would have thought that Honda could have another go at that, and come up with something better, without having to be constrained to make it look like the current road bike.

It seems to me there are compelling arguments for an upgrade, and the upgrades could be done to the current range of Fireblade models without having to start completely from scratch - so why not.

The only other issue will probably be the price - the top spec one will likely be a in V4 Panigale territory ! that will be interesting........