2019 WSB Entry List

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by nigelrb, Jan 18, 2019.

1. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

2. Demmel

Demmel Member

For me personally, it’s very interesting what new V4R can do and in particular Bau.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

It's a shame Aprilia won't be on the grid this year, they were getting some decent results last year.

Hopefully this year will see some more riders/teams in the mix at the front rather just seeing green all the time!:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

True, but equally I hope Haslam puts in a good showing, and of course the 'revamped' Honda team. I've said before that Kiyonari is beyond his best, but I just wonder if he will go the Japanese traditional 'kamikaze' last-ditch grasp at fame?

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Robbie

Robbie Active Member

I think that the list is pretty poor and unless the other manufacturers have spent what could amount to financing a small country then I cannot see anyone past Rea and Haslam winning or being close. But for what it's worth I would love to be proved wrong. For me BSB is a stronger field of riders and more chance for each rider to have a chance of winning.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Keep and eye on Davies and Bautista on the Ducatis;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Robbie

Robbie Active Member

New bike for ducati, so unless they have done lots of secret testing that no-one knows about, it is likely that they will not be that competative for a few rounds, by which time if the greens have it their own way, it will be over. I am interested to see how they get on, having heard a few videos of the duc it does sound nice if nothing else.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Demmel

Demmel Member

At Bau should pay attention. Ducati took it as he knows the prototype of the MotoGP on the engine of which his current WSBK bike was built. It is very important for them and they are counting on quick adaptation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

You know what, I didn’t even watch a WSB or MotoGP race last year. I only watched BSB. My time watching WSB was 1995-2005, then a year watching Ben Spies in 2009. I need to get a grip this year.

10. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Bloody hell, you need more than to get a grip!

But fair enough, an interest in bikes doesn't necessarily equate to an interest in racing.

Watching Ben Spies, especially in the American series was always a treat. Such a shame he didn't fare well in MotoGP. I wonder if fellow teammate VR46 might have had anything to do with it. We know he played some masterful psyche games.:(

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

I went from being a big fan of WSB to yawn. Green green green and not much racing behind the green green green either.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

I went to donnington wsb last year hardly any one there on the sat.........I was like watching a posh track day....fast group at the front ........slow group at the rear not much going on in between

• Like Like x 2
  13. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

Actually it is a piss poor grid. It needs more bikes. Like back in the eighties when privateers had a chance. Nice to see 3 Hondas having a go. Moriwaki Hondas at that. Will they manage to get a few wins and lose the Jonah title?

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

I kind of lost interest in world superbikes after the likes of Edwards, Haga, Xaus, Hodgson, Bayliss amongst others left. It was the beginning of the four stroke era in Motogp and WSBK lost its appeal slightly.

I still followed it but not with the same passion as I did before. Moto gp has been so good for many years now, I literally can't wait to watch each round. It's like a drug!

Hopefully this year WSBK will bring some exciting racing again. BSB is looking like another good season ahead and very unpredictable which has to be good for the series! Bring it all on I say ;);)

• Like Like x 4