A few bits on my Blade

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by hitch, Feb 20, 2017.

1. hitch

hitch Elite Member

I think on that other thread the carbon filler plate had to be reshaped, which is ok if your good with that sort of thing but could end up looking like a right pigs ear.

2. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sorry you say carbon sleeve or do you mean racefit carbon fairing panel? The fairing panel will fit with tinkering @Dave dunlop has one on his bike

3. Sgt

Sgt Active Member

Yeah just the race fit carbon fairing panel that fills the hole where the s pipes would normally be.

4. hitch

hitch Elite Member

I bought one of those Mikalor clamps however, the day after ordering I got the email back from Racefit who told me how to fit the original bracket, and when I read it I had that 'Doh!' moment and wondered why I hadn't realised how it should fit! ...I've just fitted the clamp and the picture below shows the correct fitting.

IMG_0283 (1).JPG

IMG_0286 (1).JPG

The white crap is the hardened Firegum.

I also got the Doble sticker off of the screen - been bugging me for ages but I kept forgetting to get rid..

IMG_0287.JPG

I was going to have a go at putting on the white wheel stickers but the weather is too cold, it's fine rain in the air and as you can probably tell I don't have any room in there to do anything :( ...plus I've pulled a bloody muscle in my back which is no fun.

This is the kit ready to go...

IMG_0293 (2).JPG

IMG_0292 (2).JPG

Any tips on application?

5. Sgt

Sgt Active Member

Nice bike hitch. Saw that one in dobles. Thought it looked familiar! I'm hoping the racefit carbon fairing fits with the Ackra..

• Like Like x 1
  6. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Have you ordered the Racefit part then?
    Get some pics up as and when you do your fitting...I love looking at other peoples work - gives me ideas, not always good for the wallet though.
    Good luck with it.

7. Sgt

Sgt Active Member

Haha yeah defo a money pit! Will do. But wanted to find out a bit more before purchasing. Looking to see if anyone else already fitted one. So will keep you posted.. also an idea of what the stickers will look like! 20170218_170558.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Nice.

9. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Fitted the wheel decals yesterday...

IMG_0313 (2).JPG

I think the next thing I want to sort is rearsets; was looking at the Bonamici brand - but I'm not sure how they will work with the rear brake light and the racefit mount!?
    I saw someone on here has painted/powder coated the OEM footrests black which look pretty sweet.

Might go for some black levers first from Bonamici? ...or maybe some Chinese ebay copies.

10. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

Ive recently fitted bonamici. Brake light wise I bought a brake line banjo switch which wires into the original spring operated sensor.

Exhaust mount wont be a problem as they are made to fit with the oem exhaust which the racefit has the same mounting point for.

11. hitch

hitch Elite Member

OK thanks for the info; got a link or pic or something of/for the switch?
    Ta.

12. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

• Like Like x 1
  13. Unity

Unity Active Member

I'm guessing you didn't do anything to the fuel mix when you changed the exhaust. Is it stock?
    Does it matter?
    Surely it's a big change going from a stock exhaust that provides a lot of back-pressure, to a freeflow?

14. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Not touched the fuelling.
    Don't know if it matters,
    From some stuff I've read online back pressure is a bit of a misnomer.

What I *do* know is, that it sounds like the devil himself. Certainly ticks the sound and looks boxes for me.

15. Unity

Unity Active Member

I'm partially jealous. I want the devil sound. But I also want a valve to make it quiet. I've got another thread here about that.

Are you catless? Did you have to do anything to the oxygen sensor wires etc?

Is your exhaust illegally loud?

• Like Like x 1
  16. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Pretty sure the exhaust system is almost straight through now. Removing the OEM Honda exhaust I was surprised at just how bloody heavy it is; I imagine the cat lives in that OEM exhaust, so to answer your question, yes, I am now catless.
    The only other part of the swap was to unhook the exhaust actuator cable from the physical motor under the seat - this is easy and all done from underneath.

"Illegally loud" haha - depends on where you are in the world I suppose and what the noise restrictions are. I'm in London mostly and I've been behind and followed by police (in traffic not chased!) and they haven't batted an eye.
    This week I overtook (slowly I might add) a police car and they subsequently caught up and pulled alongside - the driver giving me and the bike a good eyeing up and down but nothing else.

I absolutely love the sound; I go through the Blackwall tunnel daily which is fun, plus at work I park in the basement carpark, which also gets the thunderous throttle blips - just to let anyone know I am coming! ;)

17. Unity

Unity Active Member

Thanks for the info hitch, i enjoyed your comments :)

I've got a Scorch exhaust but the prev owner told me the cat is still present before it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sgt

Sgt Active Member

Nice one hitch. Just took the plunge and ordered the black edition racefit! Looks awesome!

• Like Like x 1
  19. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Hah, thanks.

You're gonna love it. At first you'll be like "oh shit, what have I done, my neighbours will hate me!" ...but then about 30 secs later you'll get that grin on your face.

It's a doddle to fit, note the "clamp" issue I had; it goes round the back of the header NOT on the Racefit :rolleyes:

Dont forget the pics too!

20. Jez

Jez Senior Member

I have the black edition with the growler end of the can as I prefer the look. I have no clamp, they should be a good fit DSCN0617.JPG

• Like Like x 1