Aahhh. Friggin' Chinese manufacturing.

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by nigelrb, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Blade runner 1

Blade runner 1 Elite Member

Bit of a result there Nigel, I wonder how many people would just do a diy repair and put it down to a bad experience without trying to get some sort of compensation.

2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Not many on here I wouldn't think. The repair is really quite easy, and can be backed up with Gorilla tape as explained in earlier post.

The true test test though, will be in the fit. I should be able to post pics on Saturday.

In the meantime I'll have to find another bike to ride on these good days!!:D;)

3. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

it might help of you shown us a picture of the nice side??:rolleyes: they do look proper shit from the inside though.......remind me of kippers!!:D

Probably look decent when fitted and you've just pointed out the negatives to get a freebie!!;)

4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Just for you @PauloHRC :D

Carbon 1..jpg
    Carbon 2.jpg

No doubting the external finish is good. I'll gracefully accept the 'gift' so long as they fit well.:)

• Like Like x 3
  5. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Not bad them. .....still look like a pair of kippers though!!;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I was thinking more along the lines of Kim Kardashian butt cheek implants!;)

7. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

In between aprilia work I've been reinstating the screw post on one of the affected panel. Coming up brilliant!:)

Method used was to wrap insulation tape around the remainder of post to form a cylinder. Poked a match stick into the remaining thread to provide added bite to the ensuing bonding medium. I crushed fibreglass into tiny pieces and with tweezers dropped them into the 'tube'. Then mixed up some Power Maxxed Klear Bond which I swear by for all repairs ( https://www.powermaxed.com/power-maxed-klear-bond ) and let it slide down the match stick until filling the cylinder. The match stick remains in the hole and provides the drilling centre at the appropriate time. Next is to file back and re-drill.:D

Post 1.jpg
    Post 2.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  8. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

As the title says: Friggin' Chinese parts:mad::mad: and for the attention of @Demmel who was awaiting my report.

Finished my repair to perfection and had the tank off this morning to install. Of course there's little to no flex in carbon so it was hell of a job lining up tabs. Had to file out a slot on one piece and all was looking good when I went to flex in the tank cover to fit the upper tab.

And then SNAP!. The bloody tank cover screw hole tab snapped off. Have bonded it back together, reinstalled the OEM plastics and will now abandon everything Chinese except Beef and Black Bean Sauce. Remember, this is my 2011 with the Castrol kit - hence Chinese tank cover. Damn sure the OEM wouldn't have snapped because there was hardly any pressure on the tab.

So, I have learnt another valuable lesson. Buying Chinese parts is like choosing and marrying a Philippine girl. They look great in pictures and the write ups are encouraging. Only later, after doing the deal, do we recognise that all was sugar-coated and the product does not live up to promises nor perform as expected.:(

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

This sounds like the voice of experience!

Have you had a Philippino Bride??

Ohh Mister Rrrriigel.......me Ting Tong :D

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Brilliant...Pmsl rotfl2.gif

I think even if there's a denial, he should henceforth be known as Mister Rrrriigel

I shall rubber stamp it :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

12. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I'd prefer to not sell to a form member. There is a high degree of risk in fitting these panels into the tank tabs. Chinese manufactures don't work to tolerances; they simply measure holes and slots by noodle thickness. You're really better off going the whole hog and buying Zero Limits.

I'll probably put them on Gumtree so the original seller doesn't see that I'm selling his gift. It's almost worse than selling unwanted Avon Christmas presents:rolleyes:.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

Mister Rrrriigel I have just fell off my chair laughing :p:p:p:p:p:p
    I was referring to the Chinese bride
    no boo koo
    $10
    I think other people might get it
    if not sorry to everyone;)

#33 bazzashadow, Feb 21, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Well I didn't like to say haha :D

I thought it was a reference to 10$ 15$ me love you long time :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

;););););):):):):)

16. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Well, you guys might have the last laugh, but it is you who have forsaken the 'mystery' of multi-cultural relationships.

It was the late John Lennon's fault. I felt that just a little bit of him had rubbed off on me in the hey days of Yellow Submarine. So I made the pledge to find my own 'Yoko'. Turns out that dear Yoko has also done 'very well' from her dear husband's life's work. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Demmel

Demmel Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Your turn to try them out!!:D;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

I knew I'd seen him with her somewhere :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Since this thread's back alive, I'll take it back to topic by advising that I sold my carbon panels for £30 on ebay.