Added a few parts to blade this weekend

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by dan.1moore1, May 22, 2011.

1. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

2. flatstickHRC

flatstickHRC Active Member

Looks good. You will see a great improvement in low down power now

3. dan.1moore1

Yeah she pulls loads more of the mark now . I had slight improvement with the slip on but now the power commander is on it pulls my arms off at the slightest touch of the throttle.
    How are you finding yours mate?

4. flatstickHRC

Yeah I find it much beet now without that flat spot. I think the map could do with some Fine tuning but it's a big improvement over standard. It's amazing how much just the O2 Eliminator improves things

5. Speedytwin

Speedytwin Active Member

Looks very well. mine had the set of Motographics number boards aswell when i got it but took them off. well the wings anyway. i left the white on the front and the rear sides.

6. flatstickHRC

There's a genuine Honda sticker which looks a bit like the middle front sticker shown.

7. dan.1moore1

I very nearly did not put the wings on because it looked really good with just the middle. I could always take them off thou. The bike is under 2 months old and i was getting little stone chips which is why i went for the super thick motographics.

8. dan.1moore1

Iv seen the honda one but i it came with a black back, must of been for a white RR8.

9. flatstickHRC

I saw a White one on their parts section on the website and someone had them on eBay before. Probably stupid money though if it's a genuine part.

10. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

That Scorpion looks quite good with that colour scheme. Lovely sounding exhaust too, well it was on my GSXR 750

11. GSP

GSP Active Member

What is the O2 eliminator?

I keep seeing people mention it but (although it seems obvious what it does eliminting O2)... where does it go? is it required when fitting an exhaust?

I was contemplating just an exhaust but people see to be getting such good results with the PCV, eliminator and exhaust that I may go down that route.

12. dan.1moore1

Its an O2 Sensor Eliminator . The sensor is in your exhaust, It helps keep the emissions down, All the eliminator is , is a Resister that connects in to the loom instead of the O2 sensor. some exhaust don't have a hole to put the sensor in so the eliminator tricks the bike into thinking you do have a sensor so that u don't get an FI light come on.

Also the PCV can not control the bottom rage when the sensor circuit is active so again people remove it and install the resister

Exhaust and PCV made a big difference low end to mine. It used to hesitate a little when you gunned it from slow, ( known flat spot ) totally gone now and i can wheelie much easier

13. flatstickHRC

Spot on post

If your not fitting a PCV you don't bother but you need one if you do to get the best results.

It is located inside the frame on the left hand side behind the silver bolt in the side panel. It's easy to access without removing the panel.

14. GSP

GSP Active Member

So if you get an exhaust that has a hole for the O2 sensor what do you do then?

Install the O2 sensor and use the eliminator anyway just to blank the hole up?

15. dan.1moore1

the exhaust will come with a bolt to block the hole so if your using a PCV plug in the eliminator, remove the O2 sensor and block of the hole in the exhaust with the supplied bolt. If your not using a PCV just remove the blanking bolt and screw in the sensor as standard

16. GSP

GSP Active Member

Right o... makes sense now.

I've never fitted a PC on any bike I've owned so this aspect of it is new to me, seems worth it on the blade though. Just need to decide on an exhaust lol

17. dan.1moore1

Defiantly worth it,, FlatstickHRC has had good results too as everyone im guessing

18. flatstickHRC

Yep defo get it done mate

New bikes are so bunged up with resrictions at the bottom end it really spoils a great bike

The fireblade furling is smooth as owt but just compromised

A new can and PCV really make it how it should be

19. BladeRR8

BladeRR8 Active Member

I have an Arrow end can on my RR8 (check the link) and I did not bother with a PCV and have no problem with the fuelling at all its very smooth and linear.

YouTube - ‪Arrow Exhaust CBR1000RR8‬‏

I fitted the original OE Honda o2 sensor back into the Arrow link pipe as it will allow the factory ECU to make small adjustments to the fuelling to compensate for the Arrow can. Why do people suggest blanking the whole off as opposed to refitting the original 02 sensor when using just a road legal end can ?

Also alot of people are commenting the PCV has made big differences which is great and if that's true I would consider fitting one myself. To help me make the decision can anyone post up some factual figures to back up the claims i.e dyno graphs ideally with both BHP, Torque and air / fuel ratio curves so I can make an informed decision on whether to fit a PCV. Don't read this as me trying to be clever (I m definitly not that) I m genuinely interested in fitting a PCV & o2 elimator if it makes a proven difference but don't want to spend £500 based on just a seat of the pants feeling.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered.

YouTube - ‪Arrow Exhaust CBR1000RR8‬‏

20. GSP

GSP Active Member

Well at the weekend I fitted a Yoshimura R77 exhaust, PCV and 02 eliminator. At the moment I am just using a downloadable map.

The pull is noticably smoother from low down all the way to the limiter. The front defo seems to lift very easily now and is much more controlable when it does come up.

For me the bike was very jerky between 2Krpm and 4.5Krpm where the standard fueling and flapper valve were doing their thing for noise and emission. That seem to have been removed.

I still want to get a custom map done though at the end of the month so that someone that has done it before can confirm everything is running ok. I'll have no before figures with the bike standard though... just after figures pre map (PC downloaded) and post map (custom). Which likely won't be much different