Ads and Lack of Tapatalk

Discussion in 'Forum Suggestions & Feedback' started by JM1, Mar 12, 2015.

1. JM1

JM1 Active Member

I probably shouldn't bother posting this as I don't use this forum much at all now, but I have to say two things:-
    The ads are a bad joke and embarrassing tbh.
    The lack of Tapatalk support is a step backwards, for who knows what reason.

Cheerio.

2. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

I personally pay no attention to the adds and I prefer the new site without tapa talk,

Just I little balance to the thread

3. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

I don't really get any ads apart from thin strip at top and bottom seems far less than old forum?!? I'm using a tablet don't know if it makes any diff

4. ShinySideUp

ShinySideUp Elite Member

I used to only use tapatalk to push out pm's from the old forum, never really got used to the way the forum was shown on tapatalk interface and preferred the v bulletin new posts timeline down the side bar to see at a glance any new posts.

That functionality is still missing from the new forum software, yes I know there is a new posts button but things disappear off that similar to tapatalk once you view a thread and you can't see if multiple posts have recently been made to a thread only when the last post was made!

As far as the ads situation I am in full agreement they are a joke on the new site, no reference to any related content to the forum what so ever and even on starting a new thread the page is created with more than half of it being used to show irrelevant adds everywhere......top of the thread, bottom of the thread and an absolutely huge ad in the side bar!

It was this practice on the new site that made me actively find a way to block the ads from showing on my soft fruit devices!
    I now have a secondary old style Linux wifi router setup that my tablets n iPhone connect to and it automatically filters the ads from ever getting sent to my devices!

5. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

The adds are a joke, considering the restrictions that are in place in regards to posting (not really my bag but crack on boys) and some of the adds that are on this site now, Thai, Russian. Whatever brides.....

But one on here the other day and the bird looked less than 6th form age? Wtf!!!

Well too old.

Ha - joke, but seems soooo two faced considering the good nature of the site and what seems double standards in regards to allowed posts and seedy ads!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Your tapatalk is working again