Advanced data display projects?

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Unity, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Unity

Unity Active Member

This is not a Fireblade project.
    But it's certainly inspiring

Does anyone know of any such projects for motorcycles?

2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

If you've got the money, the Moto GP bikes have telemetry that feedback everything from engine functioning to tyre pressures.

For me, I'd rather just watch the road.

For you, it will ADD more weight you're so concerned about!!;)

3. Unity

Unity Active Member

Yes, but think how much fun it could be!

Riding is awesome. But we're not allowed to have too much fun on the road.

Going around and around in circles on a track is not that appealing to me. And too expensive at the moment.

4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Ahem, every 'circle' around a track is different, and if we are riding to our potential, the track will ALWAYS present more challenges than the roads, and that includes errant car drivers.

I know what you've said is a throw away line, but there are those who consider themselves great road riders who wouldn't get within five seconds of an average track rider. Food for thought?:)

5. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Think how much fun it could be?? What reading a load of figures on a display!??

Not my idea of fun that.......I'd much rather be goin round and round in crcles on a track, after all......that's what your bike was designed for haha o_O

6. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

But consider this, Paul. It might be in Unity's blood. I think he works here:

JSE.jpg

7. Unity

Unity Active Member

@PauloHRC
    Fiddling with technology is not just for the sake of fiddling. People who enjoy it, enjoy the challenge, but also the fruits of it. Each to their own.
    If you look at this video, the 3rd run is remarkable.
    The GTR beat the H2R

A stock H2R would easily beat a stock GTR.
    I read an article about it a while back. They spent a lot of time fiddling with the GTR at the track that day to get the extra performance out of it.
    That's using a lot of data, science and technology.
    A lot of science has gone into you being able to go fast, you might not care how it works, but shouldn't take it for granted.
    Some people have a passion for technology and have made your hobby possible.

To me having the knowledge and power to do that at my fingertips is awesome.

#7 Unity, Feb 17, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018