Advice Needed - Honda NSR

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by nigelrb, Jun 13, 2018.

1. nigelrb

nigelrb Active Member

Hi there.

Anyone on the forum ever owned a Honda NSR 250 or 400?

I would like to acquire one of these great relics of Honda history, but being unfamiliar with the models, I seek any guidance as to pitfalls or points to be wary of.

Perhaps most importantly, is there a definite indicator to show that the bike is authentic and not a mock-up? In the meantime, I'll do my own research. Cheers!

2. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad Elite Member

The wife has Italian import 125 NSR Urban Tiger. She spoke with Honda UK who I believe helped her with Honda Italy to find out about it and to confirm the chassis number as it was 1 digit wrong on the v5.

3. nigelrb

nigelrb Active Member

Wow! What a little gem that would be. Amazing range of 'hidden' machinery on this forum.

Seems a similar case with the larger capacity NSs that very few were originally imported into UK. I am always wary of the 'barn find' that often turns out to be a wreck or a conversion from a like model solely as a profit-making exercise. Someone must have one of these things in their 'mancave'. Surely?

4. NS400R

NS400R New Member

I've owned an NS400R for years now and just returned from the TT on it. Lovely bikes.

As with any near 35 year old bike, there will be issues. I manufacture replacement rubber parts (inlet manifolds, chain sliders etc) and www.classicracereplicas.com is your source for just about everything else including 500 conversions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. nigelrb

nigelrb Active Member

Thanks. You've certainly got the right user name. PM on way.

6. derchef

derchef Active Member

i owned and raced nsr125 , 250 and 400

• Like Like x 1