Aftermarket Can 08- Fitting?

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Adturb, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Adturb

Adturb New Member

Looking to put an aftermarket can on my 09 blade and wondered how much hassle it is to1) get the standard exhaust off and 2) remove the flap cable?

2. Adturb

Adturb New Member

Also, any idea where I stand on an MOT if the can doesn't specifically say 'not for road use?'
    Cheers :)

3. 1000rr73

1000rr73 Active Member

Flap is a doddle, 3 plastic screws under seat panel, remove plastic cover.......wind back solenoid thingy, disconnect cable, and wind back solenoid thingy to where it started. Do all this with bike off and you'll be fine.

Re MOT, I have a good mate with bike garage that has its own MOT facility, he is uckfield way. If thats any good to you then drop me a PM and i'll let you have his number.

4. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

I managed it myself in 5 mins and i am hopless at the mechanics side of things so it must be easy. as i have found out aftermarket exhausts are all down to the guy doing the M.O.T and how well you know him

5. Si.

Si. God Like

Dead easy, even a numpty like me can do it.

6. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

As I understand it, it is up to the discretion of the examiner if the can is to loud etc, my Akra has not for road use on it but the carbon cover seems to neatly cover that up now :)

7. JM1

JM1 Active Member

N.B. You need also need to deal with the O2 sensor.