Akrapovic Exhaust

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by ChrisOzzz, Nov 11, 2012.

1. ChrisOzzz

ChrisOzzz Active Member

Has anyone got the Akrapovic slip on exhaust? I cant make my mind up!
    I like look of the Yoshi R77 with the infill panel, but I know looks aren't everything.. Ive got a new non ABS anniversary edition & I'd like something that isn't too loud and doesn't effect the fuelling. Any advice would be appreciated.....

2. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Fit a quickshifter first, you can tell something has been done to the bike with that - that's my advice.

I've had an Akropovic slip on can , no power commander or anything done - its the same as the honda approved one. No Problems at all and I like the pipework showing under the bike (esp when I've cleaned it up...)

3. MrB

MrB God Like

Akra for me

394759_2271661688997_1294574505_n.jpg

4. ChrisOzzz

ChrisOzzz Active Member

@Airblade Ok hadn't thought about a quick shifter, could get away with one of those without the wife realising!!

Have you got ant recommendations on make model...
    When you say "you can tell something has been done to the bike" what does it feel like?

@MrB that looks like a different can to the one on the Honda accessories list, which one is it? Looks sweet.. Have you got just the can or full system?

Thanks for the info..

5. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Here's mine with the Leo infill panel fitted

[​IMG]

Finishes it off nicely

• Like Like x 2
  6. MrB

MrB God Like

Full system Chris

7. ChrisOzzz

ChrisOzzz Active Member

Hi Colin BR,
    Is that a full system or just the can? Where might I get myself one of those? Bike Looks sweet....

8. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

That's just the race slip-on mate.
    I got mine from Calsport when at the NEC last year. The Leo infill fits straight on.
    The infill will also fit onto the Honda approved akrapovic, but I'd save some cash and get the race slip-on, it comes with a baffle and sounds great either with or without.

9. ChrisOzzz

ChrisOzzz Active Member

Ah OK that explains why I cant see the pipe snaking away from the can under the belly pan. Is the end can slightly shorter on the full system looks different to the one pictured on ColinBR's bike.. or could just be the angle.
    Where might I get me on of those?

Thanks for the help guys.

10. MrB

MrB God Like

• Like Like x 1
  11. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

[​IMG]

I like the Yoshi on mine as it goes with the frame and swing arm

I'm guessing your looking st the all carbon with your bike ?

I like both cans to be honest and you can always get the Leo Vince carbon infill panel

12. ChrisOzzz

ChrisOzzz Active Member

Cheers Colin.
    On last question, in you signature you have "PCV, map switch & 02 elim" so I take it you are running a power commander? I guess I need one of those too.. to get the fuelling right Looks like I need to start saving!

13. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

You don't have to, as Akrapovic has probably the best testing when it comes to exhausts, but with any changes to the fuelling I'd say get a powercommander and get the most from mods. Even with a standard exhaust a powercommander will improve the throttle response and fuelling.

If you wanted you could run it first without the pc and then when funds permit add the pc, that way you will actually feel the difference it makes. I had my Gixxer with a akra fitted from the start and then added the pc and it really does make a difference.

14. ShinySideUp

ShinySideUp Elite Member

Hey Chris,

With the race can I would recommend getting a PC5 or similar as the fueling is altered a bit guessing due to decreased engine back pressure. Colins bike cut out a few times during downshifts or pulling up to stop at lights, pretty sure the honda approved power pack zorst is fine without PC5 due to back pressure from the installed cat but costs a fair bit more wonga to purchase in first place.

Didnt see colin was still online, a PC does smooth out the power delivery throughout the rev range and I would recommend getting something similar fitted.

HTH
    :D

#14 ShinySideUp, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  15. ChrisOzzz

ChrisOzzz Active Member

Thanks.. I think I need to do a bit of saving... as I guess I need a power commander too..
    Might see what offers there are at the NEC in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the help.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ChrisOzzz

ChrisOzzz Active Member

Thanks again for your help. I went to most of the exhaust manufactures at the show and now I'm almost the proud owner of a Full Akra system, with carbon end can. Just got to wait for it to arrive in a couple of weeks. Should be the perfect thing to do over the Christmas break! Got a good deal from Calsport.

Pictures to follow....

• Like Like x 2
  17. jun

jun New Member

I really want to get an exhaust for my 2012 bald, but can’t decide from Akrapovic or SC project crt, thoughts?
    Is the SC too loud for road riding?