alarm removal

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by keithg1748, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Glad you got it sorted but shocking that someone made such a mess of it. Makes you wonder how many more he's done!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Arek

Arek New Member

I'm waiting for my vuh27es by denso as I have my kn filter already here. Next Saturday maybe during the week I'll do spark plugs and air filter. There was paper work /invoice for air filter change and spark plugs, during datatool removal out of pure curiosity I had a look into Airbox... Air filter clogged up with bugs and dust no way that its 2k miles old. Filter still has Honda genuine part on it so I believe it's factory installed air filter. I always thought that Poland is bad for dodgy paper work from garages, "adjusted" odometer etc. But I see western Europe is learning that too. Don't get me wrong I don't want to label anyone nor say that every garage is as good as giving your bike for fix to a person without a knowledge how to hold a wrench,because there are brilliant mechanics and fair play garages but some should be hanged by a nutsack for what they do, or I should say for what they claim that they did.

3. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Hi Arek. Because of the huge air intake scoops on these bikes, it is possible that during spring 'bug' season an air filter could become clogged with bugs, etc. I'm not defending the dealer but just advising of something I've experienced myself.
    If you can remember what your helmet's like during these bug days, it takes little effort to understand that the filter could be 10 times worse.;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Arek

Arek New Member

Hi nigelrb.
    Hmm you are right, intakes are huge, so big that when bike revs to 4k rev it makes that noise like a hoover . I will simply have to take a look in there twice a year. My previous bike was r1 rn04, last gen on carbs and couldnt see as many bugs in there. Thank you nigelrb for that bucket of cold water over my head .

• Like Like x 1
  5. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I've had FAR worse than cold water poured over my head on here. And I'm one of the nice guys!:cool::D