An apology to my fellow bikers

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Kentblade, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

After 40 years of biking commuting, finally I admit defeat.
    I rode home today in 37C temps and even with my visor up a nadge, at 40mph the air was so hot it felt like a hairdryer pointed at my face on full blast.
    I had taken the uncomfortable decision this morning to wear jeans rather my usual warm weather attire of
    leather cacks and ventilated textile jacket, after having my kahunas melt into a gooey mess yesterday, and with only limited success, they ended up just poached today, so probably now qualify as an unwitting eunuch.
    So rather than take the next step and ride in my speedos tomorrow I have thrown in the towel and will be sitting in my tin box with AC, surround sound and Recaro comfort.
    For this I beg forgiveness for being so lightweight from my fellow bikers.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

After all my babbling on about being a dry-weather only rider, I now add that I am also an under-25 degree temperature rider.

There's very little enjoyment in the current weather conditions, save for the weekend's early morning jaunts.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Blade runner 1

Blade runner 1 Elite Member

Don’t worry mate you gave it your best shot. As the old saying goes what goes up must come down (well most of the time). Before we know it we’ll all be moaning about the pissing rain and saying remember the summer of 2018.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Cheers mate, thanks for the medical advice, looking forward to seeing my nutz reappearing :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Nytol

Nytol Active Member

I went out at 7am on Monday, and that was fine, but knew I had to come back at around 3pm, which was as I expected, pretty miserable.

Next week is meant to be better.

6. Gravel trap

Gravel trap Senior Member

Ill admit to struggling at mo. My winter kit too hot so its been jeans and a rst jacket with liner out. Still nearly boiled to death. I even did a couple of days just wearing my alpinestar trainer boot things. Lovely cool feet but kept thinking your losing a foot if it becomes taxi o clock. I dont miss the ice inside arai from the winter but im a boiled mess when i get home at the moment .

7. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Seems like we're all waiting for some cooler weather riding conditions?

Never thought I'd utter those words!!:confused:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Spygoat

Spygoat Well-Known Member

I went out today to scrub the new rear tire..in full leathers...black leathers at that. It was 96 today here on the island. I actually like this heat but it can be a drain on, well, everything, when riding.

• Like Like x 2
  9. F1CT1C10U5

F1CT1C10U5 Well-Known Member

Mate, I feel your pain...
    Rode last Thursday with full leathers with temperatures in excess of 40 degrees Celsius, and it was haaaaaaaaaaaaard.
    However, I'll take that any day, over commuting in a car.

#9 F1CT1C10U5, Aug 7, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Commuting in a car for me is simply not an option - I travel to Docklands through the Blackwall Tunnel everyday which is absolute fekking carnage traffic wise, everyday about 2 miles of nigh on stationary traffic.
    I am melting on the way in, in this heat
    Don't mind it so much on the way home, because I know I've got some nice cold Stellas in the fridge waiting for me.
    Agree with others though, in a few weeks/months we'll all be moaning about the sh*t weather...lol ...it's at the heart of British culture

• Like Like x 1
  11. CBRGav

CBRGav Active Member

Sat nursing a broken toe so car only for me at the minute:(:(:( worse bit is bruising has gone but still can't put any pressure on top of it and its big toe on left foot so no gear changing available:mad: luckily my cars are both auto so can still drive

• Like Like x 1
  12. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Recovering from a similar ailment myself...
    :(

Attached Files:

13. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Ugggh. What happened?

14. CBRGav

CBRGav Active Member

Mine didn't look that bad just went black and purple. Bruising has gone just pain remains when any pressure is on top of it:(hoping get back to it in a couple of weeks though

15. hitch

hitch Elite Member

On hols...got drunk...upon arriving back to our villa there was a random cushion (like a sofa cushion) outside on the road.
    Given that I'd been watching much of the World Cup I decide to "take a penalty" using the cushion, except I missed it and kicked the floor :confused::oops:

Its mostly healed externally but I had an xray the other day because the swelling won't go down and it confirmed the fracture but not bad enough for an air boot thankfully.

Not stopping me riding, just throbs like a bugger after walking/riding etc.

• Funny Funny x 4
  16. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Hmmm... o_O

did the cushion have a cat on it :eek:

Just wondering, in case another certain forum member had been holidaying there at the same time :rolleyes: :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

No way does my cat cushion leave home. Do you think I want to be ridiculed at the airport AS WELL as on here?;)

Damn fortunate you didn't go the header!!:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Oh man!!!

Hobbit feet :eek:

:D

Screenshot_2018-08-07-16-36-51-1.png

• Funny Funny x 4
  19. hitch

hitch Elite Member

I guessed there would be trouble from some....o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

I did something similar many years ago.......I was probably about 19 and I was at an 18th Birthday party of a girl I know, at the end of the evening everyone was outside the venue in Urmston all waiting for taxi's like you do. All I saw was what looked like bags of rubbish on the pavement, so I decided to do penalty kicks with each of them.......shite all over the road. Turns out it was all her presents that everyone had bought her !!!! All the girls were giving me loads, all the lad's thought it was hilarious......I hung my head in shame and stormed off in a pissed up state to the nearest kebab shop where my then GF caught up with me and told me what a complete cunt i had been!

My foot was fine but the presents or most of them were destroyed! Some passing cars helped flatten them a bit as well.

Ah the good old days! :rolleyes::D

#20 PauloHRC, Aug 7, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1